Garage Shower 397 TH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage Shower 397 TH

I noticed today that the garage shower in my 2019 Mo 397 would overflow when refilling the black/gray tank with fresh water after dumping. I only filled the black/gray tank for 3 minutes after dumping to give it a more thorough cleaning. I’ve wondered why there always seemed to be an odor in the garage bathroom. Now I see why it does. In my opinion, the garage shower is worthless in the 397 and the space should have been used for cabinets as some other owners have modified theirs.

Depending on the usage a full bath with only one tank can get filled pretty quickly. If the toilet is used the most make sure that there is plenty of water to start, not enough water will cause a build up of solids.

Not sure if you are looking for help or not.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Looking for some suggestions on controlling the odor coming through the shower drain from the tank. Also was venting about how useless the shower is unless you’re a small child.

Comment

Originally posted by awheeladventure View Post
        Looking for some suggestions on controlling the odor coming through the shower drain from the tank. Also was venting about how useless the shower is unless you’re a small child.
        Based on the info GD has made available to the moderators, in the 397TH the rear bathroom shower drains into the same gray tank as the kitchen sink. (The bathroom's lav drains in that gray, too.) The tank exclusively for the rear bathroom's toilet is (obviously) a black tank.

Focusing on the smell coming out of the shower, I suspect it is a faulty air admittance (AAV) valve. There are three on this one tank--one each for the sink, shower, and lav. Good thread on the topic here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...mittance-valve

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The drain on your shower likely uses a Hepvo one-way valve https://hepvo.com/hepvo-waterless-valve/ rather than a conventional P trap. If this “duck bill” valve is damaged or held open, it will allow tank odour back up through the shower drain.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            The drain on your shower likely uses a Hepvo one-way valve https://hepvo.com/hepvo-waterless-valve/ rather than a conventional P trap. If this “duck bill” valve is damaged or held open, it will allow tank odour back up through the shower drain.

Rob
            Rob--the drawing shows three "anti-siphon valves" connected to the tank where the shower drains (as noted in the post above). Could this be either an AAV or Hepco? On the 315RLTS a Hepco is referred to as a "ventless trap" (I think).
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson

An AAV could be termed an "anti siphon valve" since its purpose is to allow air into the drain system to prevent water dropping down the main drain from pulling the water out of the P trap. This would not be required with a Hepvo "duck bill" valve in the drain pipe. So . . . perhaps the rear shower in question has a P trap rather than a Hepvo? Since the reported smell is coming from the shower drain, this would be caused by a Hepvo stuck open or potentially an AAV stuck closed allowing a P trap drain to empty out. To add one more level of confusion . . . an AAV is only required if there is not a nearby vent stack through the roof. Is there a separate vent stack for the rear bathroom?

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                Is there a separate vent stack for the rear bathroom?
                According to the drawing--yes. Partial shown below (I think the powers-that-be won't mind this partial drawing being posted.) Note that "11" is a reference to an AAV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Partial 397TH.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	92583

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                X