Gravity Fill Port - Tank Filler Tube with Shutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravity Fill Port - Tank Filler Tube with Shutoff

Nothing really earth shattering in this post, more of a 'it happened to me', so I will share with others so they can avoid the same pitfall. For anyone with a gravity water fill port that also use a filler tube with shutoff valve, much like the one linked below, just a heads-up that the clear tube can come off when you open the valve and water pressure hits it. Naturally when mine came off, it was inserted into the gravity fill port, and the incoming water pushed it fairly far down into the corrugated tube inside the trailer; far enough that I couldn't reach it from the outside with any of the needle nose pliers I had on hand, but not far enough that it wound up in the tank. To get it back, I had to disconnect the corrugated tube from the exterior port by undoing the clamp on the inside, which is easy enough to do just a little awkward to get too, and bend it till the filler tube came out. One of those moments...
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/w...-0408304p.html
    Last edited by StephenO; 10-11-2022, 06:07 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
    Nothing really earth shattering in this post, more of a 'it happened to me', so I will share with others so they can avoid the same pitfall. For anyone with a gravity water fill port that also use a filler tube with shutoff valve, much like the one linked below, just a heads-up that the clear tube can come off when you open the valve and water pressure hits it. Naturally when mine came off, it was inserted into the gravity fill port, and the incoming water pushed it fairly far down into the corrugated tube inside the trailer; far enough that I couldn't reach it from the outside with any of the needle nose pliers I had on hand, but not far enough that it wound up in the tank. To get it back, I had to disconnect the corrugated tube from the exterior port by undoing the clamp on the inside, which is easy enough to do just a little awkward to get too, and bend it till the filler tube came out. One of those moments...
    https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/w...-0408304p.html
    Thanks for posting... I (currently) don't use the filler tube, but if the filler tube releases one from having to stand there holding the hose for 20 minutes whilst humming the tune from Jeopardy, I'll buy one tomorrow... and be cautious of blowing the tube into the fill port. (I do use the city water fill in the pass through when roadside supply is available.)

Mike
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Working...
    X