Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location of water pump in 2250RK (2020 YM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of water pump in 2250RK (2020 YM)

Not sure if I’ve even got a problem or not but first step is to find the water pump in my rig. I’ve searched here for some tips on its location with no luck. Would appreciate any tips on where to find this guy. TY.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post
    Not sure if I’ve even got a problem or not but first step is to find the water pump in my rig. I’ve searched here for some tips on its location with no luck. Would appreciate any tips on where to find this guy. TY.
    Dave,
    The pump should be just inside the passthru door, street side, behind the panel where "city water" or "fill" is selected. (You have the blue handle, right, on the panel)? Usually the pump is accessed by removing a few screws on the panel facing toward's the front of the unit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	this panel.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	97530

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Dave,
      The pump should be just inside the passthru door, street side, behind the panel where "city water" or "fill" is selected. (You have the blue handle, right, on the panel)? Usually the pump is accessed by removing a few screws on the panel facing toward's the front of the unit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	this panel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	97530

Howard
      Gotcha, much thanks Howard, I’m in cold weather now with the CG water unhooked and I’m running off the FW tank. All seems to be doing well except occasionally the WP ‘flashes’ (my word’) on and immediately back off. When any faucet is opened the WP comes on and everything works normally. I’ve read about the cases where the WP comes on and runs due to a leak but I don’t have any indications (that I know to look for) that it’s leaking until I get the panel off to examine. Later this afternoon I can do that. In the meantime if you have any other tips / observations, that would be appreciated.
      Tks again Howard.
      Last edited by Schiefswret; 10-19-2022, 10:51 AM.
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

If you open a faucet and listen for the pump to run and follow the sound that will lead you right to it.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          If you open a faucet and listen for the pump to run and follow the sound that will lead you right to it.

Brian
          👍🏻, thanks Brian
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Schiefswret Just a quick related story. When we did our first shakedown on our 2670mk, I could hear the pump turn on and off briefly all night long, because it was under my head right where Howard said. I found the leak the next morning and it was the hot water drain plug. It wasn’t properly replaced after the dealer setup. The hope is that it will be as easy for you to find as it was for us.
            Al & Ann
            F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
            Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Originally posted by humunuku View Post
              Schiefswret Just a quick related story. When we did our first shakedown on our 2670mk, I could hear the pump turn on and off briefly all night long, because it was under my head right where Howard said. I found the leak the next morning and it was the hot water drain plug. It wasn’t properly replaced after the dealer setup. The hope is that it will be as easy for you to find as it was for us.
              Tks Al, I’ll Ck that out. I pulled the panel and there is no leaking anywhere in the area of the pump. Btw can u point me in the direction of the HWH drain plug? Much appreciated.
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Schiefswret On our unit, it is on the driver side, all the way to the rear. It is accessible from the outside. If I venture a guess, yours is in the same place and is below your oven, thus the vent hole throught the wood panel. From the outside there is a small tab latch that you twist to align with slot. the cove is hinged and will flop down. I have attached a picture for you to reference. If the water heater was leaking you would probably see evidence on the exterior. Also, the wood panel below your oven should be removable as this how you will access the valves for winterization.
                Attached Files
                Al & Ann
                F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
                Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Wow, I’m an idiot 😃, don’t know what I was thinking when I read your post. I’m very familiar with the location of the hwh, it’s been a long day. I’ll take a look tomorrow to see what I can find. Thank you!
                  Last edited by Schiefswret; 10-19-2022, 08:24 PM.
                  Dave and Sue
                  2020 GD 2250RK
                  Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Check the low point drains sticking out of the coroplast also, had one of those leaking before. Next check under the sinks and back of the toilet.

I did have a camper that would loose just enough pressure through the pump itself over time to cause it to kick on and run for 1-2 seconds.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Tks Joseph. I checked those areas all all is dry.
                      when filling the FW tank, if it were to overflow, would the excess come out the blue line on the bottom or would it come out at the fill point? Pls advise. Tks
                      Dave and Sue
                      2020 GD 2250RK
                      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Not knowing your exact unit, if there is an uncapped line (porbably blue) in the area of the FW Tank drain, that should be the air vent. IIRC from various discussions, GD does not vent the tank back to the gravity fill ports. If you push water too fast into the gravity fill port, be prepared for the high possibility of the fill port offering a not so nice shower. Slow steady fill into the tank SHOULD result in the overflow starting to drip or flow steadily long before the gravity fill port "pukes" all over the place. Also LISTEN to the gravity fill port. On both of our previous units (non GD and NO Nautilus with power fill) teh gravity port would start making noises before either the gravity vent or fill ports expelled water.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Gotcha. I was expecting it to backflow out the fill site if I put too much in but it flowed out the blue tube below so I guess that makes sense.
                          Dave and Sue
                          2020 GD 2250RK
                          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
                          X