Holding Tank Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Tank Access

Cliff Notes Version: does anyone know how to access the holding tanks in the Reflection Models? Do I have to drop out the panelling on the bottom (bolted to the frame), or are there compartments in the flooring that I can access that area from?

Full Story: We purchased a 2022 31MB (Reflection) in December (2021). Since I purchased it, filling the fresh water tank has been PAINFULLY slow. I’m filling it right now, and noticed a tinkling sound when it begins to fill, instead of the gush sound that you would expect from a hose on full blast. I suspect that there’s a pinched hose in there somewhere.
    yes, I’ve tried getting this done under warranty work. I’m at my whits end trying to get this trailer looked at. I’ve resigned to fix it all myself. Just hoping that there’s an easier way to access those compartments than dropping out the bottom paneling.

thanks in advance!!!
    Phil & Jenn | North Central WA
    2022 Reflection, 31MB (Pkg's: Power, Arctic, 2nd AC, Solar)
    2021 F350 Tremor, 6.7L Diesel, SRW

You can remove the false wall in the pass thru, there are screws at each end, I would start at the Nautilus panel and look behind there. The fresh line you will find is attached to the fresh water inlet, follow that until it goes under the floor, it may have a kink in that area, hopefully. If it is not there then you will need to drop the under belly. You could start this on the side under the Nautilus panel and start to look for the fresh tank line, it should go back to the tank on this side. You could also drop a portion back near the fresh tank drain valve as the fresh tank fill line will be right above that valve.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Oh that’s a good idea… I hadn’t even considered that it might be in the tangle of plumbing at the panel. Thanks Country Campers!

Comment

Another thought, sorry it happens,

Do you have good water pressure when on shore water? If not you may have a faulty check valve on the water inlet connection.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

That’s a good question. We haven’t used FHU’s since June. I don’t remember having water pressure issues. But I’ll go check right now while I’ve got it connected. Would it be a noticeable pressure issue, or would I specifically want to compare it with the pressure from the water pump?

Comment

If your fresh tank is filling as slow as you say you will notice a big difference with shore water if the check valve is bad.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              If your fresh tank is filling as slow as you say you will notice a big difference with shore water if the check valve is bad.

Brian

or if you have a fitting between the hose to faucet and the fill port that could be plugged. I found my elbow blocked after a fhu pressure issue.
              SATA Adventurers
              Steve and Tina
              2021 Reflection 337RLS
              2024 Chev Silverado 2500HD, Andersen ultimate

Comment

Working...
              X