Fixed No Water Out of Hot Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed No Water Out of Hot Side

This weekend we took the trailer out and after everything was hooked up, no water coming out of any of the faucets on the hot side. And thanks to reading posts over the years on the forums, I already knew what the culprit was. I opened up basement, pulled the check valve off the water heater, and sure enough, stuck. I was able to work it and get it unstuck for the weekend. I have to tear into the heating system and add dampers in the next couple of weeks, so while I'm in there for that, I'll replace the plastic one with the brass version.

Oh yeah, and one of those "should have" moments. I had the trailer in for a recall and when I picked it up from the dealer, I almost picked up the brass check valve just to have on hand, but being in a rush, I said, "I'll deal with it next time." Ooops.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Originally posted by OffToHavasu View Post
    Oh yeah, and one of those "should have" moments. I had the trailer in for a recall and when I picked it up from the dealer, I almost picked up the brass check valve just to have on hand, but being in a rush, I said, "I'll deal with it next time." Ooops.
    Hi Curtis,

I can't count the number of "should have" moments I have had like that!

FWIW, that check valve is only needed to prevent backflow when the water heater bypass is in use. Even the brass one creates some flow restriction. If you seldom have the need to bypass the water heater and the check valve location is reasonably easy to get to . . . just put a quarter turn ball valve here for minimal flow restriction, but available if you do need to bypass the water heater.

Rob

Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Curtis,

I can't count the number of "should have" moments I have had like that!

FWIW, that check valve is only needed to prevent backflow when the water heater bypass is in use. Even the brass one creates some flow restriction. If you seldom have the need to bypass the water heater and the check valve location is reasonably easy to get to . . . just put a quarter turn ball valve here for minimal flow restriction, but available if you do need to bypass the water heater.

Rob
      Thinking about that as well, or even just a straight fitting. Here in So Cal, I'm not sure if I'll ever winterize, and if it comes to that, I may just use that opportunity to put it back in. But at the end of they day, I'll probably just do the sure thing and replace it so I don't ever forget, because if there does come a time I have to winterize, I will definitely have forgotten about doing that mod. LOL.
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
      X