Slide failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide failure

!st trip out on our 22, 150 series 260RD and the slide on 1 side doesn't retract when it's time to go. Had to call Dextures RV service for help. So he finds the motor moved up cause the fastener is missing. I saw how to fix this if one has a ladder and a jack to shove the slide back in but wouldn't locktite make since here. This is the second time this camper has had a slide failure between 2 owners, me being the second. Anyone else had this happen?

stroudtom -- from the description it reads like the motor set screw on a Schwintek slide fell out. Unfortunate failure. The pic below is one of several different styles of motor retention screws (clipped from a Lippert service manual).

Lippert's service manual does not list a torque value for the screw during reinstallation (or I couldn't find it). If you choose to use locktite consider Blue 242 (or an equivalent) as that screw must come out to replace the motor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	motor retention screw.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	106392

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hard to image that 1 screw would hold that motor. I don't know if the shop used loctite but I would have. This was done under warranty and is ready to roll again.Thanks for the diagram.

Comment

The retainer screw should really only be holding the motor from moving up and coming off the bearing block. If you look at the picture of motors posted by howson here

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...577#post106577

You can see the 'legs' sticking out from the bottom of some of the motors, and those will align with a receiver hole in the bearing block, which would hold the motor from spinning.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Well, the cap was found laying ontop of the loose motor by the mobile technician. It was black. Just noticed that from the link above.

Comment

Working...
          X