Slide roller wear and tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Howard,

I just got them from Amazon. They were readily available. Actually ordered one day and got the next. I am not familiar with the Reflection TT so while they were just the right height for my 28BH, I am not familiar with your slides. The overall height was 1 1/16th from the deck to the top of the roller, but assume you will find as I did that the slide height is not done with precision as there is some shifting with slide movement. Hopefully you and others will find our posts of interest, as we noted before this is more of a will happen, rather than a may happen based on how often you exercise your slides.

Thanks for the help,

Al
    Al and Diane

2022 28BH - (6) Chins 100AH, MultiPlus 2, (2) 100/30CC, 1.4KW solar
    RAM 2019 2500 Cummins crew cab short bed
    PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
      Hi Howard,

I just got them from Amazon. They were readily available. Actually ordered one day and got the next. I am not familiar with the Reflection TT so while they were just the right height for my 28BH, I am not familiar with your slides. The overall height was 1 1/16th from the deck to the top of the roller, but assume you will find as I did that the slide height is not done with precision as there is some shifting with slide movement. Hopefully you and others will find our posts of interest, as we noted before this is more of a will happen, rather than a may happen based on how often you exercise your slides.

Thanks for the help,

Al
      I ordered four of them. I'll add on to your thread if that's OK with you if there's any further "lessons learned".
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here is a link to a thread below on this same heavy slide, where GD did the repair on my 2018 303, along with Beachcamper 303. 6 pages long and it deals with a floor replacement, adding 5 rollers. (Slide floor went from 3/4” to a 1” Board, added 5 rollers)

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...aring-flooring

I think this might help out. Since my repair at GD, no issues, no indentations. Note: Our rollers were installed when the slide was out of the coach.
        Steve
        2018 Reflection 303
        2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
        Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Hi Howard,

How did you make out with this? Did you get the rollers installed?

thanks
          Al
          Al and Diane

PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Originally posted by allenrude View Post
            Hi Howard,

How did you make out with this? Did you get the rollers installed?

thanks
            Al
            They are sitting on my desk at home (I'm on the road). Plan is to hopefully get them installed in July before heading to the National Rally. Gotta finish the desk first, though. Quite a bit of finishing work to knock out.
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Got it. Looking forward to your feedback. we head out tomorrow for 8 days so will be the first real test for the 3 additional rollers, although my testing so far has all been successful.

Thanks
              Al
              Al and Diane

PullRite SuperGlide

Comment

Working...
              X