226RK slide failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 226RK slide failure

We purchased a new, 2022, 226RK from Lifestyle RV in Missouri. Short version of a long story is the unit has been down for a while. 16 days in the shop and yesterday the shop said it finally submitted a warranty request to GD. Two or three weeks before parts and repairs are done. I understand the slides have had a ton of problems. Anyone else out there with issues? I understood Grand Design was a top of the line manufacturer but not impressed so far.

MGBBOB

Grand Design uses two types of slide mechanisms. One is "under floor" and the other is "in wall" (or Schwintek). If you provide further info on which type of slide you are dealing with, you will likely get more response from other forum members.

BTW, some other owners will know that a 226RK is a Reflection 150 Series 5th wheel trailer. But many with other Grand Design brands will not. If you include a full identification of your trailer, or better yet, complete your signature block https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...ow-do-i-____-2 this info will help others to help you.

Not making excuses for Grand Design, but they buy slide mechanisms from Lippert and it is quite likely that your slide was working when the trailer left the factory. It is possible that the slide was not installed correctly by GD, but it is also possible that the subsequent failure is within the components supplied by LCI.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X