No announcement yet.

2022 260RD Slide Wall Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same here, 2022 260RD, bad bow in the wall and signs the wall is cracking. Have contacted GD and reported the issue. Received a response stating it is not covered as I am the second owner and take it to the dealer.

Comment

2022 GD 260RD with the exact same wall bowing issue. I contacted GD design as well and setup an appointment with nearest GD dealer to see if this will be covered under the 3yr structural warranty. I dont like the smell of this already.....

-Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        VinceGruenwald -- the repair, IMO, is beyond what an owner can tackle. I agree (not that it matters) that the 260RD's wall and this particular large Schwintek slide are an issue. (You'll note that new 260RDs have a thru-frame slide, not a Schwintek).

No doubt you don't want to read this next bit of input...so please don't shoot the messenger: take it back to the selling dealer and trade it in for a new model with the thru-frame slide. They'll swear up and down they didn't know about the older 260RD's issue (with the Schwintek)...but keep an eye on the length of their nose as they continue to tell you that story.

Otherwise, continue to pursue Grand Design (using patient persistent) and politely refuse to accept "no" as the answer. If at all possible, try to get the trailer back to the factory service center in Elkhart, IN. I personally would not leave the repair to a dealer unless they've got a proven track record with repairing a 260RD.

Note it's not possible to change from a Schwintek to a thru-frame slide mechanism after-the-fact.

Remember--I'm just an owner like yourself. I have no formal connection with the company other than as a volunteer moderator on their forum. The opinions in this post are mine and mine alone.

Howard
        What do you mean by a “through frame slide mechanism”?
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post

What do you mean by a “through frame slide mechanism”?
          Rich
          An "In-Wall" slideout, that we typically refer to as a "Schwintek", is characterized by the tell-tale exterior gear racks visible on the outside of a slide. https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

A "Through-Frame" slide has it's carrying mechanism underneath the slide. When the slide is extended it's identifiable by the gear track. https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...c-slide-system

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	125
Size:	396.9 KB
ID:	127605

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	92
Size:	549.6 KB
ID:	127606

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X