Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek slide making popping noise

Hello,
    I have a 2022 28BH and the main Schwintek slide out isn't working as good as it used to. We went out last weekend and I noticed that the slide motors seemed to be lugging - almost stalling at certain points along the track. I'm also hearing some popping noises that I first thought was just the rubber seal, but I don't think it's that simple.
    I should also say that we were dry camping and the batteries were a little low.
    Everything did work okay and we didn't get stuck or stranded, but I'm concerned this could be just the beginning of something worse than a little noise.
    Any thoughts?

Greg & Sherri

2022 GD 20BH
    2009 RAM 2500 Cummins​
    Greg & Sherri

2022 GD Reflection 28BH
    2009 RAM 2500 Cummins

ColoradoGreg

Low battery voltage certainly doesn’t help, but you are wise to be concerned about what you are observing. The slide rides on hard plastic “shoes” in the rail slots and what you describe sounds like broken shoes. Unfortunately, there is no way to confirm this without removing the Schwintek assembly.

BTW, if you add your Model name to your signature, you will likely get more responses. You know what a 28BH (or 20 BH) is . . . but many will not take the time to figure this out.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X