Slide appears further in on one side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide appears further in on one side

As stated, the back end of the slide seems to go further in than the front side when closing. The rear trim kicks out at a slight angle. The slide operates on two rods with a geared bottom. Thanks for any imput.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

The slide is moved in and out by a single electric motor. The two square rails with gear racks on the bottom and their spur gears on a common shaft are there to keep the slide box square to the wall, even though it is moved by a single motor. It sounds like the rack on one end of your slide is a couple of teeth ahead of the other. Your service manual will have the procedure for disengaging one of the spur gears, squaring up the slide box and reconnecting. If one end of the slide has gotten out of sync with the other due to jumping teeth, see this thread. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...eth#post119582

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Cate&Rob, thanks Rob, I will check it out.
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

A follow-up. After reading through the thread referenced by Rob, I was finally able to get up under the slide and get a few pics of the mechanisms referenced in the other thread. I can see no missing wear tabs and no deformation to the outer tubes so I'm not entirely sure it has jumped a gear tooth. I should have taken a photo of how the slide sticks out. It is the vertical facia on the rear of the slide that gets slightly pushed out when closed, otherwise, everything looks even when it is open. Thoughts by those that understand this particular item? FTR, I did lube the rails while under there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20231002_093127-X2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	121174

Name:	20231002_093135-X2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	121175

Name:	20231002_093310-X2.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	121176

Bill & Cindy
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

The smooth round tube is the actuator that moves the slide out. This has a "stop can" on the end. If the end in question is the end nearest the actuator tube then the stop can may need adjusted. Move the stop can towards the frame to stop the slide from going in sooner, move out to make the slide go in further.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers Brian, thanks for the response. I'll see what I can find on that procedure. Perhaps there is a Youtube on it.
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
              Country Campers Brian, thanks for the response. I'll see what I can find on that procedure. Perhaps there is a Youtube on it.
              If not on you tube I think Lippert has a video on adjusting a thru frame slide mechanism.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers​, Brian, thanks for the reference. The very first video addresses this issue and it is fairly straight forward.

Country Campers Brian, an edit with additional question. I would also assume that the actuator bar holds no weight?
                Last edited by BillinTexas; 10-06-2023, 08:36 AM.
                Bill & Cindy
                2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                SE Texas

Comment

Working...
                X