underside of slide out floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underside of slide out floor

The underside of my slide out floor is wearing where the rollers contact it. I repaired one spot with a piece of sheet metal and screws for the roller to ride on. The rollers in some places is wearing through the fabric and into the wood. Nothing has been added to put more weight on the slide out. Does Grand Design have any kind of fix for this?
    Jeff & Dee 2019 Reflection 337RLS,
    2015 2500HD High Country Duramax

Originally posted by JHoran View Post
    The underside of my slide out floor is wearing where the rollers contact it. I repaired one spot with a piece of sheet metal and screws for the roller to ride on. The rollers in some places is wearing through the fabric and into the wood. Nothing has been added to put more weight on the slide out. Does Grand Design have any kind of fix for this?
    Can't answer the latter part of your question, but I have the exact same issue on my kitchen slideout. One more thing that's on my "gottado" list. Any and all inputs on what folks have done to repair the condition is information I'd like to read!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That is the slide I have the problem with also, I used a piece of sheet metal from Lowes's 8" x 24". I forget what gage 20 maybe countersunk the holes and screwed to bottom of slide. It is just long enough to cover the travel of the roller and where it stops when closed. I know we are not the only ones with this problem, I read on a Forrest River forum where they sent the customer the material to do the same thing.
      Jeff & Dee 2019 Reflection 337RLS,
      2015 2500HD High Country Duramax

Comment

Working...
      X