Slide Adjustments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide Adjustments

Has anyone had any success with stiffening the slide floor by adjusting the vertical to provide slightly better rigidity. If so please explain your approach. I contacted Lippert but had no success .

Thanks,
    Bill and Shannon
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250, 6.7

Perhaps you can provide more background to your question. I don’t see how slide adjustments are going to affect slide floor rigidity.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

The issue with the floor is a result of working with Grand Design Customer Service concerning the Furrion 12V Refrig, installed in the 303RLS. I contacted Lippert because the floor in the kitchen slide sags down when the slide is extended. This sag causes the refrig to not be square with the slide molding thus preventing the smooth opening of the refrig floor. Lippert has sent me all kinds of videos but I was hoping to find an in house expert to discuss.

Thanks
      Bill and Shannon
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by On The Fly View Post
        The issue with the floor is a result of working with Grand Design Customer Service concerning the Furrion 12V Refrig, installed in the 303RLS. I contacted Lippert because the floor in the kitchen slide sags down when the slide is extended. This sag causes the refrig to not be square with the slide molding thus preventing the smooth opening of the refrig floor. Lippert has sent me all kinds of videos but I was hoping to find an in house expert to discuss.

Thanks
        Bill,
        Sounds very similar to the issue I induced in my 315RLTS when I installed a Haier residential refrigerator. I haven't installed them yet (I do have them on hand), but my approach will be to install additional rollers under the floor where it's sagging.

The hard part of this (thus my procrastination) is the slide needs to be hyper-extended to install the roller(s). It's on my "To Do" list.

Graphic below snipped from a Lippert webinar presentation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	232
Size:	713.9 KB
ID:	124503

Personally I don't think adjusting the slide is going to do much other than induce a problem in another area of the slide (pinch seals, etc). But that's just an opinion based on my personal experience -- I don't know this for a fact. However, there are quite a few adjustment measurements that can be done to verify if the slide is installed correctly. The Lippert webinars and support documentation cover these values in great detail.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When the slide is fully extended the roller support is inboard of the weight of the fridge. Adding more rollers would not affect floor sag when the slide is fully out (or fully in). Additional floor support could come from the vertical wall beside the fridge. Maybe some way to make that a “tension” member ? . . . holding the slide box floor up because that wall should be secured to the outer wall of the slide box.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

THANK-YOU Rob,
            I gave up on adjusting the Lippert slide, way to many issues that were all way over my pay grade. I feel that the problem is Grand Design's to own and fix. Does anyone have a contact number other than Customer Support?
            Bill and Shannon
            2022 Reflection 303RLS
            2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

From your description, this is a Grand Design issue . . . not a Lippert issue. Grand Design builds the slide box that carries the fridge. Since you can demonstrate that the fridge shifts position such that the door won’t open properly, this belongs with your dealer or GD Customer Service. All that I can suggest is “polite persistence” with their CS rep. Provide pictures and video to demonstrate the issue. If you reach an impasse ask that your concern be elevated to a supervisor.

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Have documented with Videos showing door operation with slide closed and door operation with slide open. They have also received over 15 photos showing that the refrigerator is square when the slide is closed.
                However, I have not been allowed beyond Customer service.

Thanks for your help
                Bill and Shannon
                2022 Reflection 303RLS
                2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Purchased a used 2021 Imagine2500RL, less than a year old....Experiencing slide issues....asymmetric travel, popping, track damage....parts replaced(tracks, bearing components)...$1500 later-same issues......my service dealer has been in contact with Grand Design...all specs are within acceptable measurements....Grand design recommends pulling the box and shimming the support rollers....the only thing my service people can say is the plastic V-rollers do not contact the track when fully extended....Would this be covered under strucural warranty? Seems like a manufacturing problem to me.....also, it seems abit like grasping for straws....thoughts?? Thanx

Comment

Being you purchased the unit used, the warranty may not transfer.

That would be something to look into. HOWEVER it may be covered under the in wall slide out recall. I'd explore that avenue first (less headache) then fight warranty.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                    X