390RK-R TSB help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 390RK-R TSB help needed

Our 390RK-R is included in the TSB for the kitchen slides. Hoping to be moving in the coming weeks, I want to correct this before I hopefully move. I was hoping that GDRV would step up with a mobile tech since I am 10 minutes off of I-95 in NC and been stationary for over a year.
    I know that neither of the slide rollers on the stove (door) slide at touching making the gibs bear the entire weight, and one, or both of the rollers are touching the floor.
    My thought since I am going to be under there anyway, would adding a third roller be an option? I also want to extend the support all of the way to the floor instead of it being supported by two screws.

Do I need a diagram of the framework in the wall, and/or will a stud finder help me find the aluminum framework?

Has anyone else done this and have insight?
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Here are pics of the stove side roller.

Is it possible that the bottom molding is only held on by a single screw on each side? Click image for larger version

Name:	slide roller 2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	126665 Click image for larger version

Name:	slide roller 1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	126666
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

ThePowells (Jerry),
      If a fellow 390RK owner doesn't chime in, my suggestion is route your questions through Customer Service.

Unfortunately I can't help with the slide walls as those drawings aren't in the pack made available to the moderators from GD. I haven't tried locating the aluminum framework with a stud finder, either, so all I've got to offer is a big fat nothing-burger of information. :(

Please update this thread as you go through the process of getting the TSB executed.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson I dug out my stud finder and it works. Until I read about this problem I had no clue, Then when I saw the rollers I wonder how it hasn't broken the gib. If I can find my notebook I can tell you exactly how many miles on it.
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
        X