Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep grooves under kitchen slide floor (exterior)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep grooves under kitchen slide floor (exterior)

Hi all,
    While doing an inspection on our 2019 Reflection 337RLS I noticed the driver side (kitchen) floor on the exterior has 2 areas where the floor seems to be coming apart. The (nylon / plastic?) coating on the wood floor is coming apart exposing the wood. It is only in 2 areas, one on each end of the slide. Not in the middle. The slide operates fine with no noises or issues and no interior weight changes have been made.

We do have 58,000 miles on our rig and the slide has been in & out probaby 100 times or more.

Can I maybe install thin sheet metal in these areas or?

Thanks for your advice!
    Rick & B
    2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
    2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

The slide box is carried on rollers as it moves in or out. It is normal to see witness marks in line with these rollers . . . but certainly not this much damage. I suspect that the rollers doing the most damage to the underside of the slide are not rolling properly. If you look under the inside edge of the slide when it is fully extended, you should be able to see these fixed rollers attached to the main floor. There will also be travelling rollers attached to the slide . . . these are not the problem.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob. I’ll check it out when i move the rig. I currently don’t have access.
      Rick & B
      2018 F-350 6.7L SRW FX4
      2019 Reflection 337RLS, 1000w solar, 400ah batteries, Disk Brakes, MorRyde SRE 4000, GY Endurance tires, Truma water heater

Comment

Working...
      X