Slideout issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slideout issue

I have a 23LDE 2023 that I purchased in July 2022 so the 1 year warranty is out. My slide which has refrigerator and sofa is bowing down in the middle to the point of touching the floor when the slide is in. We have not set in it while it is in. Has anyone had this happen. What can they do to fix this and do you think they will cover the cost since I'm out of my 1 year warranty.
    Thanks,

It would not hurt to ask GD customer service if they will help you with this, worse they will say is no.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Please share some pictures of this issue so that other owners can look for signs of it happening on their rigs. Thank you.
      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

I agree on contacting GD, but I can tell you my slide has bowed in the center as well, and rests on the floor when retracted. I have had no issues. It extends and retracts without scratching the flooring. It may become an issue some day and my first line of defense would be to use the thin plastic slides under it.
        2020 Reflection 273MK
        2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
          I agree on contacting GD, but I can tell you my slide has bowed in the center as well, and rests on the floor when retracted. I have had no issues. It extends and retracts without scratching the flooring. It may become an issue some day and my first line of defense would be to use the thin plastic slides under it.
          I ordered a piece of 3/8 teflon to go under the slide. I don't trust the dealer to fix this. It is very easy to pick up and put in the teflon. Thanks for all the replys

Comment

I just bought my 2024 261BH two days ago, and it is having the same issue, and getting worse quickly. It was fine at the dealership, but 300 miles later when I get home it bowed and detached from the bottom of the cabinets in the middle. It looks fine when it's fully extended, but drags very badly across the floor going in and out. I'd been willing to bet I'll have floor covering damage within a few more uses if not fixed. GD customer service will not answer the phone, or return my call as requested, nor have they returned my email within the 24 hours they said they would. I was excited to try out Grand Design after being very happy with my old Jayco, but if their customer service does not improve, that opinion may change. So, the teflon is strong enough to support the bottom of the slide and remove the bow?

Comment

Originally posted by EvansCamping View Post
              I just bought my 2024 261BH two days ago, and it is having the same issue, and getting worse quickly. It was fine at the dealership, but 300 miles later when I get home it bowed and detached from the bottom of the cabinets in the middle. It looks fine when it's fully extended, but drags very badly across the floor going in and out. I'd been willing to bet I'll have floor covering damage within a few more uses if not fixed. GD customer service will not answer the phone, or return my call as requested, nor have they returned my email within the 24 hours they said they would. I was excited to try out Grand Design after being very happy with my old Jayco, but if their customer service does not improve, that opinion may change. So, the teflon is strong enough to support the bottom of the slide and remove the bow?
              The teflon is placed on the floor to stop the slide from damaging the floor. It will not stop the bow of the floor. Patience and nice persistence will get good results from GD.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
              X