2023 AIM 16ML Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 AIM 16ML Slide

Can the slide on an AIM be moved by the manual crank? The Imagine manual show a procedure but others have said it cannot be done. Currently I am not with my trailer.

Originally posted by Cmdodd4 View Post
    Can the slide on an AIM be moved by the manual crank? The Imagine manual show a procedure but others have said it cannot be done. Currently I am not with my trailer.
    If it's a Schwintek ("In-Wall") slideout, then no. If it's a Through-Frame, then yes.

A generic 16ML picture on the internet shows the tell-tale Schwintek rails on the side of the slide.

Is there an issue with your slide or where you just curious? (Welcome to the forum!)

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-14 120628.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	132041
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Someone on a Facebook GD AIM forum had a stuck slide in the closed position and said you can only reach the slide controller in the open position. Wanted to know in case this happens to me in the future what are the proper steps to reach the controller to reset the slide.

Comment

Cmdodd4
        The 16ML's In-Wall controller is in the area marked below. How to access it when the slide is closed? Might be a good idea to find the controller then figure how a way to access it if you're in the situation described.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-15 052441.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	132099

If the question is actually what to do (or how) to reset the slide, Lippert has a multitude of technical documents and videos that show the proper override procedures. Here's the link to the In-Wall (aka "Schwintek") support documentation site: https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X