Schwintek bedroom slide 1 green/6 red fault code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintek bedroom slide 1 green/6 red fault code

2023, 337RLS: We’ve been camping 13 days now - sitting for 11. No issues since purchase Sept 2023 until we noticed fault lights last night. Called Lippert this morning - tried to bring in the slide, zero sound/power. she had us swap the controller motor connectors and that did nothing but maybe a 1 second of motor sound (IN button). Swapped them back and had nothing on IN but about a 1 second on OUT and then ran the IN all the way in + about 5 second hold and then ran all the way back out + the 5 second hold. No more fault or lights. We should have checked later today while Lippert was still open but we didn’t. Just checked and the 1 green plus 6 red led lights are flashing again. Thinking I’ll call GD first tomorrow to get them involved before Lippert again. We don’t leave until Saturday (from FL to home in MO). Anything we should be made aware of? I asked her why this would happen and she said could be just a fluke. Thanks. I know this error code according to the book - Motor short circuit; motor or wiring to motor has shorted out
    Julie & Doug (& Finley)
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

jaschembra -- maybe a pinched wire harness? With all the movement of wiring mentioned in the post to troubleshoot perhaps it was jiggled just enough so it worked for a time. And now it's not. Unfortunately intermittent wiring issues are a royal pain to troubleshoot. If my hypothesis is correct the fix will be a new harness from the controller to the motor.

Please follow up to inform the forum what ultimately fixes your unit. TIA!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Here is a link to an informative video that deals with problems like this. I hope that this helps you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxEYSstvICI

Chris
      Last edited by Strider; 05-03-2024, 09:29 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling
      Chris and Cathie
      2023 F250 XLT CCSB 6.7 diesel
      2017 Imagine 2600RB

Comment

Strider Thanks for the link. It was a good, educational video. When we last spoke to Lippert, and ran the slide in/out, twice and the fault code cleared, they (the lights) have not come back again. We leave for home tomorrow, so if there are no lights when we arrive at our first overnight headed home, we plan on putting it out for the night. I'm packing a bag just in case we can't get our bedroom slide out tomorrow and the next night lol - we will sleep with it in and leave the fault code in place for the dealer (we're under warranty).
        Julie & Doug (& Finley)
        2023 Reflection 337RLS
        2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

Comment

Working...
        X