Schwintech Slide Maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwintech Slide Maintenance

My schwintech slide is starting squeak and squawk a bit when in motion. Is lubrication or cleaning required? I don't see any dirt or debris in the mechanisms. 2016 Reflection 337RLS.

Jim
    Jim&Deb
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    2015 GMC Denali 3500HD Duramax, 4wd, Crew Cab 6'6" box, SRW

Originally posted by Jim & Deb View Post
    My schwintech slide is starting squeak and squawk a bit when in motion. Is lubrication or cleaning required? I don't see any dirt or debris in the mechanisms. 2016 Reflection 337RLS.

Jim
    now this may have changed but at our very first Nation Rally a Lippert tech did recommend lubricating the schwintech mechanism. I spray a slide lube on the worm track and, based on a video online, I get the "straw" behind the rubber flapper and spray the mechanism. Ours still moves cleanly and quietly.

Here's a video I found.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lubr...TF-8#kpvalbx=1
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

• Jim & Deb
      Jim & Deb commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Paul!

• Cate&Rob
      Cate&Rob commented
      Editing a comment
      Good video! Thanks Paul.

Poppy, give me some advice and/or help.

I have already seen this YouTube video and it looks simple and easy. Not true for me. No matter how close I can get my head near the seal, I cannot see the motor or the spot that they want you to lube. What am I doing wrong?

Also, I thought that you were not suppose to lube the worm track? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I have lubed my hydraulic slides and they are smooth and very quiet. The others are starting to get noisier. I would like to fix this.
    Last edited by vonzoog; 07-11-2019, 06:48 AM.
    2018 Momentum 376TH
    2016 RAM 3500 Duall
    y

Comment

Originally posted by vonzoog View Post
      Poppy, give me some advice and/or help.

Also, I thought that you were not suppose to lube the worm track? Correct me if I’m wrong.

I
      Hi vonzoog,

I have the rack and pinion LCI slide mechanism on my two large slides. It’s my understanding this type is not to be lubed. I’m not 100% sure about the Schwintech, but I believe they do get lubed. Maybe you were thinking about the rack and pinion?
      Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
      2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
      2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

• vonzoog
        vonzoog commented
        Editing a comment
        LCI Leppert manual say not necessary. However, in extreme conditions may be needed. If you ever crawed under there and seen the rust on the gears and slide tubes you may want to lube with a PTFE type dry lube. Works wonders. So much smoother and quieter operation. My wife notice the difference right away the first time I lube the hydraulic slides and she didn't know that I had lubed them. Big difference. I'm still wondering about the Schwenteck slides.

I have already seen this YouTube video and it looks simple and easy. Not true for me. No matter how close I can get my head near the seal, I cannot see the motor or the spot that they want you to lube. What am I doing wrong?
      I agree that the visibility is not as good as the video seems to show. I just use the landmarks they give and squirt blindly.

They did not mention doing this in the video so maybe it's not necessary but I have always done it. I think the big concern here is that the lube may attract dirt so I am very cautious and ensure the track is kept clean. I will say that if you lube the areas indicated you will probably be just fine leaving the track alone.

Paul and Deb Cervone
      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post

Hi vonzoog,

I have the rack and pinion LCI slide mechanism on my two large slides. It’s my understanding this type is not to be lubed. I’m not 100% sure about the Schwintech, but I believe they do get lubed. Maybe you were thinking about the rack and pinion?
        vonzoog has a Momentum so his slides (other than the schwintech BR slide) are hydraulic not rack and pinion.
        Paul and Deb Cervone
        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

• vonzoog
          vonzoog commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for correction. What about the Schwenteck?
      Working...
      X