Brand New RV Owners - Question on slide outs -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New RV Owners - Question on slide outs -

We are first time buyers and just brought home our brand new GD Imagine 2670MK! I am super excited to start setting it up but the driveway does not allow us space to open both slides at the same time. Is it OK to walk in and sit on the chairs in the slide area when it is closed? I don't want to damage anything.

Originally posted by Toni Ann View Post
    We are first time buyers and just brought home our brand new GD Imagine 2670MK! I am super excited to start setting it up but the driveway does not allow us space to open both slides at the same time. Is it OK to walk in and sit on the chairs in the slide area when it is closed? I don't want to damage anything.
    Welcome and congrats on the "new to camping" world.
    The slide floors are not supported underneath when they are in so it is possible to "damage" them, however a little sitting may not hurt but I would not make a habit of it.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Toni Ann View Post
      Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Imagine. Brian has already addressed your question and I agree--the slide floor is only fully supported when it is completely deployed. (I learned this from Cate&Rob --hopefully he chimes in with more detail as I can't remember exactly what he wrote.)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Toni Ann

First off . . . welcome to our forum!

My experience on my Reflection is that the floor of the moveable slide "box" that carries the seating areas is unsupported unless the slide is all the way out. This is with a Lippert under-floor drive system. I expect that your Imagine will have a Schwintek slide moving system (visible aluminum tracks on the outside ends of the slide when it is out) but I think that the slide floor will be similarly unsupported unless the slide is all the way out. Thus, walking on the slide when it is in, is not a good idea. I am going to defer this question directly to Emily at Grand Design GDRV-Emily for a definitive answer from the manufacturer.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the tag Cate&Rob ! Toni Ann we would not recommend putting extra weight on the box when it is in the IN position. This can cause damage to the box, but more importantly to the floor under that where it rolls in. I believe you have an Imagine that has a through frame slide not the Schwintek.... But either way, we would advise against it. Great question and WELCOME to the forum!

Comment

Is there a general weight limit when loading up the slide out under-seat storage areas for a long trip? This is a good location to store heavier items such as drinks to better balance the opposite side of the kitchen. But wondering how much is enough?

Comment

Midwest Camper, that is a great question because we often store all of our bottled water in the under seat storage. I’m looking forward to hearing the responses you get.
              Vince
              Vince and Peg with Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
              2018 Imagine 2600 RB
              2017 Chevy Suburban Premier edition w/max tow package

Comment

Working...
              X