One slide works and two slides wont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One slide works and two slides wont

Hi, we can not seem to figure out why our living room slide works on our 308 BHTS reflection but our kitchen slide and back room will not close.... please looking for assistance.
    Mary

Originally posted by Marydesrosiers View Post
    Hi, we can not seem to figure out why our living room slide works on our 308 BHTS reflection but our kitchen slide and back room will not close.... please looking for assistance.
    Mary
    That's a "legacy" unit! This is the floorplan, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	308BHTS.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	52281
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi yes that is

Comment

Marydesrosiers -- the kitchen slide appears to be a Schwintek, or what Lippert (the OEM) calls an "In Wall Slide".

Name:	kitchen.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	52287

Do you know where the controller is for this slide? It will look something like this:

Name:	schwintek.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	52288

That controller will be flashing a code if there's power and an error.

Given you're having problems with two slides, I'm going to guess the problem is power related. Are you plugged into shore power or on battery power only?

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

The bunk slide is also a Schwintek and will have it's own (separate) controller. It will look just like the one for the other slide.

I can tell they are Schwintek slides because of the metal rails with slots attached to the top and bottom of the sides of the slide.

Name:	bunk slide.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	52290

Comment

FYI, the Schwinteks are more sensitive to low power problems than the thru-frame slide that is your living room. That's why I think the issue is power related.

Comment

Hi, howson

Ok Im going to show my husband and when he's home again we will see what we can find. I will definitely let you know and I definitely am thankful for your assistance.

Comment

howson I'm not sure where the controller will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Marydesrosiers View Post
                  howson I'm not sure where the controller will be.
                  It could literally be almost anywhere. Look in cabinets, under sinks, in the passthru (ceiling)...not always easy to find but I bet with some searching you'll find at least one of them.

Do you know how to check battery voltage?

Also--how long has it been since you've moved these slides? Sometimes I have to hold down my slide's switch for a few moments, release, and then press again before it "wakes up" and starts to work.

Comment

howson ok will do a deep search tomorrow. My husband said he knows how to voltage check. And since fall since we slid them open.

But we opened them.and then we couldn't close them, there was no power all of a sudden and then winter hit and we couldn't do anything
                    as soon as my husband is home we will go through everything that you told me and I will send you a message.
                    Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X