2021 Imagine 3110BH Schwintek issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Imagine 3110BH Schwintek issue

Looking for the part numbers for the motor and connecting wire from the controller to the motor just in case. Slide won't move at all on motor 1. Getting a (wire short between motor and controllers) error. I tried to manual override the system and no sound or movement from motor one at all. At least my side is 4 inches out. Motor 2 works fine just no clue whats going on. Had a trip to the beach for memorial day planned. If cant get fixed going to have to cancel as everything is a minimum of 6 weeks for service.
    Brent, Krista, and our 6 year old nugget
    Cruising with two Black Labs, Lestat and Pandora
    2021 Ram 3500 Dually Long Bed 4X4 HO Cummins (Blue Sapphire)
    2021 Imagine 3110BH (The Dog House)

Also I unplugged the wire at both ends and reconnected as well as disconnected the power to the controller and reconnected it.

Comment

Originally posted by Love2GoFastUSCG View Post
      Also I unplugged the wire at both ends and reconnected as well as disconnected the power to the controller and reconnected it.
      Go to https://support.lci1.com/in-wall-slide-out and select the Product Components tab. There's an In-Wall Slide-Out Components PDF with everything you need.

LCI is your best source to make sure you get the right component--and they could possibly assist with isolating the issue, too.

Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	Components.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	54119

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Love2GoFastUSCG

Your trailer is so new, maybe GD will send you the parts for free if you're willing to do the work yourself. Don't hesitate to give GD Customer Support a call.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Love2GoFastUSCG As Howard Suggest I would contact GD to see if they will send you the parts.

Looking in the electrical section of the parts I found 2 harnesses: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/12192 and https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/15020
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Howard, I just left a message with GD so waiting on the call back. Joseph, appreciate the info. Hopefully I can get the motor out later today and check the connection on it. I think the slide is far enough out to get the retaining screw out.

Comment

Just got off the phone with Shaun (GD) and they are sending a new motor. I will keep you all updated on the removal and status of what I find. Hopefully it shows up pretty quick.

Brent

Comment

Found the issue. It appears all the pins broke between the block and circuit board except the black one on the motor. I greatly appreciate all the info and help from all of you. I'll keep you all informed on how reinstall goes when I get the new motor.
                Last edited by Love2GoFastUSCG; 05-18-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

This short pigtail is a major point of failure on the Schwintek system. The other main issue is the captured location of the screw that retains the motor. I had an early failure of this pigtail and the dealer soldered it back in place. Next the same motor failed in the gearbox. For folks that have a Victron BMV712 or similar battery monitor, use the monitor to log startup and running current where this method will pick up an impending issue in many cases.

I keep a spare motor and wiring harness in my rig along with two slide locks that I use on the bathroom and bedroom doors for travel.

I would like to add that the Schwintek system is really a clever design but LCI needs to correct these two major design issues before the reputation on this slide system is beyond repair.

Jim

Comment

The other thing I see being an issue with the Schwintch is water. My wardrobe slide had water inside the unit under the AL gear bar. The bar has no way to shed water as it runs over the side of the slide.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
                      This short pigtail is a major point of failure on the Schwintek system. The other main issue is the captured location of the screw that retains the motor. I had an early failure of this pigtail and the dealer soldered it back in place. Next the same motor failed in the gearbox. For folks that have a Victron BMV712 or similar battery monitor, use the monitor to log startup and running current where this method will pick up an impending issue in many cases.

I keep a spare motor and wiring harness in my rig along with two slide locks that I use on the bathroom and bedroom doors for travel.

I would like to add that the Schwintek system is really a clever design but LCI needs to correct these two major design issues before the reputation on this slide system is beyond repair.

Jim
                      Completely agree with the pigtail is a huge weakness on the motor. Just looking at how small the pins are that go through the circuit board I am surprise they lasted as long as they did.

Comment

Well got the motor in today and installed work well at first. Went to sink the motors and during the process got the same error code. I think what is happening is the rubber seal on the top as it folds in out out is brushing against the wire harness. I am about to pull the new motor and look at the connector. So frustrated right now

Comment

Ok after many youtube videos I think the slide didn't retake the sync and according to lippert if the motors are not sync one side may not work. I did a override and noticed one side was a out 3 to 4 inches behind the other side. I pulled disconnected the motor on oneside and let the other side catch up to eyeball even. I then reconnected and brought slide all the way in holding 4 seconds after motor stop. I then went in and out 9 inches three times each time fully holding switch in for 4 seconds. I crossed my fingers and toes and pushed slide out and it went all the way out looking even the whole way. I will wait till tomorrow after the battery charges to bring it in to see if any issues arise.

Comment

Brent,

It looks like you got it.

Jim

Comment

Jim, yeah it seems to be working now. I am curious as to the rubber seal on the top of the slide on the inside hitting the harness when it goes in and out. I trimmed a small piece about a 1inch square off so now when it folds it doesn't go over the top of the motor missing the wire harness.

Comment

Working...
                              X