Schwintek Slide Broken Gibs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chap442 View Post
    Any update to this thread? I have been living with this for 4 years. Changed H brackets on both slides and gibs still continue to fail. Anyone contact Lippert?
    I looked at the VIN documented in your profile and it appears you own a 2021 Solitude 390RK. Is that correct?

If so, have you contacted GD Customer Service? As mentioned by Neil above, I also believe there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) associated with this model. The breaking gibs on the Schwintek (which requires replacement of the entire assembly) is a symptom of the problem, not the problem. GD (or a dealer with a tech that has a clue) will need to fix the underlying structure that supports the Schwintek (as outlined in the TSB) to eliminate the ongoing issue with the slide itself.

GD's number is on the home page of this forum, right side of the page.

Does that help?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Had both slide mechanisms replaced, all TSB done and outriggers done. Hopefully we will not deal with this again Grand Design stands solidly behind their product- IMO the real issue is the Schwintech slide design . The slide cantilevers on the wall and rollers when you travel down the road. Never had an issue with the bedroom slide- it has rollers on the foot of the bed that would keep that slide from bouncing like the other two slides.

Comment

Working...
      X