Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resynchronizing Schwintek Slide-Out Motors - maintenance or as needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resynchronizing Schwintek Slide-Out Motors - maintenance or as needed?

I've read plenty on the Resynchronizing process and taken the In-Wall Slide Out course on Lippert's website (highly recommend that course!) What I'm not clear on is whether the resynchronizing steps should be taken on a regular basis as preventative measures, or is it only recommended once a problem presents itself?

So far, my slide motors are behaving - about the only difference noted is that when retracting the slide, one motor gives one more burst of energy about a second or less after the other motor has already shut down.
    Mike and Rebecca
    2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
    2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Mike & Rebecca -- the controller resync's every time the extend (or retract) button is held for an extra two seconds or so once the motors amp out. No need for any additional synchronization.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have not done a resync on ours ever, knock on wood. I think the key is to hold the button at the end of each stroke and not stop in the middle of the stroke.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I have not done a resync on ours ever, knock on wood. I think the key is to hold the button at the end of each stroke and not stop in the middle of the stroke.

Brian
        Ditto

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Thanks all!! I'll wait for it to un-sync before worrying about it again.
          Mike and Rebecca

Comment

Originally posted by Mike & Rebecca View Post
            Thanks all!! I'll wait for it to un-sync before worrying about it again.
            Mike,

I'm in the same camp as the other fellows. I never have to re-sync. There was a time when I was performing this process and this was when my motor was failing. So if the motors are good and things are aligned properly without excessive friction, you may never need to do this.

Jim

Comment

What actually occurs during the Resynchronizing process, and continuing to keep the switch engaged after the slide stops? I think the Schwintek motors use Hall Effect sensors, so is re-syncing basically just resetting the motor count back to zero?
              2020 Reflection 273MK
              2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                What actually occurs during the Resynchronizing process, and continuing to keep the switch engaged after the slide stops? I think the Schwintek motors use Hall Effect sensors, so is re-syncing basically just resetting the motor count back to zero?
                Nailed it!
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Mike & Rebecca Every time I move the in wall slide mechanism, I hold the button to "resynchronize". What's 10 seconds of your life now vs hours later trying to get that thing to move? Typically I am moving multiple slides at the same time, so no real waisted time.
                  Joseph
                  Tow
                  Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                  Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                  South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    Mike & Rebecca -- the controller resync's every time the extend (or retract) button is held for an extra two seconds or so once the motors amp out. No need for any additional synchronization.
                    Between our class C with the superslide and the 390 with 3 Schwintek slides, holding that button should be the trick.
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post

Between our class C with the superslide and the 390 with 3 Schwintek slides, holding that button should be the trick.
                      Based upon reading this forum and taking the lippert training on the in-wall slide before even buying the trailer, I think I've been holding that button down for a 5 count even in my sleep. 😂
                      Mike and Rebecca

Comment

Working...
                      X