No announcement yet.

Slide floor sagging when retracted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same issue, just a bit more dramatic. My Transcend 297QB slide supports the loveseat, fridge, and oven. When retracted, significant sag occurs (about 3/4" at mid span). Its enough movement that the fridge casework has moved/wiggled enough to bust apart completely. The casework above the fridge appears to be attached to the slide roof with one screw which has been busted loose from the trim. GD warranty service keeps calling this a "through frame slide out" but it looks a lot like the photo above in this post when I peak under the slide from the inside.

Can anyone confirm the type of slide that the Transcend uses? Are there adjustments that can be made to actually stiffen the floor when retracted? It just seems like the plywood floor is too flexible to me.

Comment

Ben M

The slide mechanism on the Transcend line is indeed the "thru frame". There are adjustments that can be made and Lippert, slide manufacture, has videos on how to do this.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Brian, thanks for the confirmation. From the Lippert videos that I have watched it looks more like it fine tunes the heights/angles of the slide and wouldn't stiffen the floor in any meaningful way.

From your experience, do you think that adjusting the slide will actually take the sag out or does is just change the orientation/alignment of the slide?

Thanks-
        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben M View Post
          Hi Brian, thanks for the confirmation. From the Lippert videos that I have watched it looks more like it fine tunes the heights/angles of the slide and wouldn't stiffen the floor in any meaningful way.

From your experience, do you think that adjusting the slide will actually take the sag out or does is just change the orientation/alignment of the slide?

Thanks-
          Ben
          I have not adjusted a slide mechanism but would guess that any adjustment would not help a "saggy" floor. Try to check under the floor with a light to see how many rollers are there. You will have to call GD with that info as I am not sure how many there are supposed to be, if there is any missing that could result in a "saggy" floor. Documenting this with GD is important also incase there is an issue later.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ben M
            Hi Ben,

You are correct that slide adjustments will not solve a sagging floor when the slide is pulled in. These adjustments are for aligning the slide with the sidewall, when the slide is all the way in or all the way out. All slide “boxes” suffer from what you describe (to varying degrees) since there is no support for the inner edge of the slide floor (or the inner edge of the slide roof for that matter) when the slide is pulled in. Some slides use travelling rollers or slide plates to minimize damaging rubbing on the main floor. Many of us use “Slide Slickers” or similar protection for the main floor. I have been using these for years on both under floor driven slides and the way that they are scraped and scuffed tells me that they are doing their job. Some have commented that placing these on the floor before bringing in the slides is “too much trouble”. With all the things to be done when packing up to travel . . . placing these is a minor addition.

​​​​​​​Rob

Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I have the sagging problem on a 2022 Imagine 2600RB. The problem is that the sag caused the Vertical upright frame of the Pony Wall to pull up and separate from the floor footer. So this makes the Pony wall loose. When the slide extracts out the floor relaxes or comes up and the pony wall goes back flush with the floor where it belongs.
              Here is a link to the Thread that I posted regarding this: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operation/slides/96177-2022-imagine-2600rb-slide-uplift-on-retract

There is no scratching yet on the flooring from the SAG but it is very close near this pony wall area.

Some photos:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	96805

Name:	Pic2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	96806

When Slide out is OUT (extracted):

Name:	use2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	96807

Outside view slide underside :

Name:	use5.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	96808

Name:	use6.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	96809

2022 Imagine 2600RB
              F150 Lariat 5.0L, 3.55, HD Tow Package
              Dallas, Texas area

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                Ben M
                Hi Ben,

Many of us use “Slide Slickers” or similar protection for the main floor. I have been using these for years on both under floor driven slides and the way that they are scraped and scuffed tells me that they are doing their job. Some have commented that placing these on the floor before bringing in the slides is “too much trouble”. With all the things to be done when packing up to travel . . . placing these is a minor addition.

​​​​​​​Rob
                Rob,

When retracted, my slide is touching the floor in the middle, and is about 1/2" above the floor on the ends. So far no visible evidence of scratching the floor after 3 years of use.

I'm really thinking I should get a set of the Slide Slickers before any scratches appear. Where on the slide do you place yours (in relation to the center of the slide)?

Jerry

2020 Reflection 273MK
                2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
                X