Slipper springs vs lippert comfort ride airbag equalizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipper springs vs lippert comfort ride airbag equalizer

(I miss-titled this, and can't seem to change the subject line. It should be lippert center point, not lippert comfort ride. Brain fart. Apologies)

I'm looking at a suspension upgrade to my 2021 303rls. Fulltime traveling, around max weight (a bit over with water), heading for Alaska in a year or so.

I have 3000 lb springs (2600s were flat), x-member braces between hangers, and about to go to 6000lb axles since I have a bent spindle to replace anyway.

While at it, I'd like to reduce trailer jouncing and improve 'ride'. I'm looking at something like roadmaster slipper springs or lippert center point airbag equalizer, both possibly with shocks.

Since most info I read is confirmation bias (I purchased xyz and it is awesome!) and no one is publishing accelerometer data, I'm curious if anyone has direct comparison experience or other data which has led to any useful insights as to the better solution.

Thanks for any info!
    - Mark​
    Last edited by Madonnell; 03-16-2023, 09:02 AM.
    Mark & Kim Donnell
    Donnells On The Road!
    Fulltime since May 2021, somewhere in America, with our cats Iris & Rose.
    '21 303RLS + '20 Chevy 2500HD diesel.
    Our long RV Mods list (ask!) -
    https://tinyurl.com/MyRvMods

Last year I installed the Lippert Center Point equalizer, which is an airbag equalizer. This replaced the Dexter EZ Flex rubber equalizer that was factory. There is quite a bit of difference in ride and handling, the wife mentioned that "stuff" stayed put much better than before. It is a little pricey but is an easy bolt on install. The only issue is that if there is a problem with the air system, leaking bag or line/fitting, you will not have any equalizer suspension. Traveled most of last year with no issues. Not much of a "accelerometer" data point but we are happy with it. Might not be the best solution for the Alaska roads.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X