Lug Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lug Nuts

I have a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. The covers on almost all the lug nuts are cracked and I'd like to replace them with solid lug nuts. Are they 60 degree cone style nuts, or are they acorn/radius style nuts?

Thanks!

Tim

Be sure to use 6 sided socket (not 12) on the nuts. Much less damage to them.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Originally posted by thawkins57 View Post
      I have a 2018 Imagine 2250RK. The covers on almost all the lug nuts are cracked and I'd like to replace them with solid lug nuts. Are they 60 degree cone style nuts, or are they acorn/radius style nuts?

Thanks!

Tim
      Here's the info that's on our website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1556
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	11461

Comment

Thanks, Megan, that was the first place I looked, but I still wasn't sure. A couple of folks have confirmed that they are the conical base nuts. Thanks again!

Comment

thawkins57 Hi Tim,

Welcome to our forum BTW.
          I was going to "guess" that the lug nuts are the radius style, but was waiting for Megan to chime in. It would have been ideal if that picture was of the underside of the lug nut .

As Jim JCR GD describes, the combination of an impact tool and a 12 point socket will tear the stainless cover off the OEM lug nuts. This will not be a problem when you go to solid metal lug nuts, but the 6 point socket will be a lot better at not damaging the nuts at the torque values required.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            thawkins57 Hi Tim,

Welcome to our forum BTW.
            I was going to "guess" that the lug nuts are the radius style, but was waiting for Megan to chime in. It would have been ideal if that picture was of the underside of the lug nut .

As Jim JCR GD describes, the combination of an impact tool and a 12 point socket will tear the stainless cover off the OEM lug nuts. This will not be a problem when you go to solid metal lug nuts, but the 6 point socket will be a lot better at not damaging the nuts at the torque values required.

Rob
            In fact using a deep well impact socket is probably the best tool to use. Only seen 6 sided impact sockets so that side is covered.
            2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
            2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
            2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
            2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

Comment

When using impact sockets try to find "thin wall" sockets. The space between the lug nut and wheel are usually pretty small and the thinner sockets will help preserve the finish on the wheels.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X