Morride IS and Disc Brake upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morride IS and Disc Brake upgrades

I have GD Momentum TH 349 with residential refer. In June 2023, I had the 8k axles IS and disc brake upgrade installed. After a couple thousand miles, I noticed the trailer leaning to the Drivers side approximately 1 inch I discussed with Elkhart and originally they thought maybe the rubber springs might have tore. I took photographs and sent them. The engineers advised they were not torn. Once discussing with them in Elkhart it was suggested that it might be as a result of the weight of the trailer on the Drivers side. There was a suggestion offered if I wanted I could have a mechanic move the position of the rubber spring to possibly raise the trailer on the Drivers side. But all in all they believed there was not any problem. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome.

Welcome to our Owners Technical Forum. Moderator Howard howson will be along shortly with detailed experience on what you are asking . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Bartsalyer View Post
      I have GD Momentum TH 349 with residential refer. In June 2023, I had the 8k axles IS and disc brake upgrade installed. After a couple thousand miles, I noticed the trailer leaning to the Drivers side approximately 1 inch I discussed with Elkhart and originally they thought maybe the rubber springs might have tore. I took photographs and sent them. The engineers advised they were not torn. Once discussing with them in Elkhart it was suggested that it might be as a result of the weight of the trailer on the Drivers side. There was a suggestion offered if I wanted I could have a mechanic move the position of the rubber spring to possibly raise the trailer on the Drivers side. But all in all they believed there was not any problem. Has anyone experienced this and what was the outcome.
      Yes, indeed, I had the exact same issue on my 315RLTS. For the full story see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-s-measurement

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum!
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X