Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reimbursement from Grand Design for no brakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reimbursement from Grand Design for no brakes!

We purchased an Imagine the first part of the year. We got ready to take a 2 week trip in July and realized the brakes on the trailer did not work. We were leaving in a couple of days and reached out to our dealer and they approved an independent mobile repair service to come out. They came out and spent over 3 hours diagnosing the problem, lots of that on the phone with Lippert. Turns out the brakes had not been broken in - of course this was after the Lippert contact had them take apart and check each wheel. We also contacted Grand Design before the service. Of course on our trip other items broke but they were minor enough to be expected. Returned and have been trying ever since to get reimbursed. I feel like we are kind of getting the run around. Now they are saying an estimate should have been sent, that the invoice doesn't give enough information and that we need written approval from the dealer that they authorized....... So any ideas? There was no way to get an estimated because most of the work was diagnosing - on the phone, we called both the dealer and the Grand Design and neither one said anything about pre approval, etc. More then frustrating to have bought a new expensive trailer and not being able to get the service/repair reimbursed. Please - any ideas?

This is a forum of Grand Design owners just like you. As such, none of us can speak for Grand Design . . . or Lippert . . . or your dealer. From reading your post, it seems like your dealer authorized the mobile service (who, I assume, has submitted the invoice for their time). My opinion would be that your issue is with your dealer.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
    X