MORryde independent suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORryde independent suspension

Does the independant suspension create a smoother -softer ride for travel vs the 4000 system with center point air ride suspension system and hydraulic disc brakes? I have a 315 RLTS and am thinking about upgrading to it with hydraulic disc brakes.
    Last edited by howson; 02-13-2024, 07:23 PM. Reason: Fixed title
    Tim and Betty
    2016 F250 4x4 Anderson 3307 WDH
    2023 Reflection 315 RLTS
    PD5100&Giandel 2200 watt inv.
    Furrion 50amp Solar Controller 370 watt panel

Originally posted by Timsttrv View Post
    Does the independant suspension create a smoother -softer ride for travel vs the 4000 system with center point air ride suspension system and hydraulic disc brakes? I have a 315 RLTS and am thinking about upgrading to it with hydraulic disc brakes.
    Absolutely. See Changing Lanes' video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knG7L7VTeeY

I went over the same tracks they did after having the IS installed on my 315RLTS. Noticed immediately the difference -- from the truck seat!

However, my IS install experience wasn't flawless. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ts-post-1-of-3 It's a long thread, but there's much to be gained if you'll take the time to wade through it.

I believe Jimmer also had the IS installed on his 315RLTS.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, I have the independent suspension with disk brakes. I presume that the ride in the camper must be smoother based on the increased travel of the suspension, but I really don't know. As to the disk brakes, the installers at Morryde did not know how to properly bleed brakes. After about 1.5 years, the disk brake calipers were sticking, likely due to an install issue, but I'm not sure. The hydraulic pump that Morryde installs takes a second or two to create the hydraulic pressure that actuates the brakes. So there is a delay of a second or two from when the signal goes out to start braking, until the brakes actually start to slow things down. But I'm happy I got the the independent suspension, as I don't have to worry about leaf spring breaking, or a hanger breaking off.

When I made the trip to Indiana to have the independent suspension installed, I also had Lippert install the leveling system. That's my favorite mod on the camper.
      Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
      2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
      2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Working...
      X