Scale weights for 377MBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale weights for 377MBS

Pulled the rig to a local scale, where I could check axle weights, and side-to-side weights. This is what I measured:

Front axle 4480
    Drive axle 6760
    Trailer axles 11820*
    Door side 5700
    Drvr side 6020
    The side weights do not add up to the total trailer axle weights - they are 100lbs less when added together. At least the difference between sides is not as extreme as the factory load sheet indicated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GD weight paper.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	129350

I think the scale I used may not be as accurate when all the weight is on one side of its platform. Tried to verify this by weighing my truck front axle, and then each front tire separately - the totals were 20lbs less, which is also the resolution of the scale. I don't know - gonna say close enough.

Empty Truck weight:
    Front axle 4520
    Drive axle 2940

Pin weight is 6760 - 2940 = 3820lbs
    Trailer weight is 11820 + 3820 = 15640lbs

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1287.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	129349
    Trailer had all our camping gear, but no food/clothes, and dry holding tanks. The truck's front axle unloaded by about 40lbs with the 5th wheel on. That's due to the Andersen hitch base and receptacle both oriented towards the back of the truck, for side-rail clearance in hard turns. Also running the ball at the upper position to gain some trailer-to-bedrail clearance (about 8" now).
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Pulled with an upgraded 2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3​

It is great to know a starting point with weights. When packing food and extras you can move those around to make up a little bit of that side to side weight, and pin weight. Doing a great job with setting your camper up for your use.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

One thing to consider when trying to do side to side axle weights on a scale is that the trailer needs to be level when you put it on the scale. If it's leaning one way it can bias the load on either the scale or the land side. Being that you are most likely running the unit over the scale with the lean the same direction (switch back so truck is facing opposite direction) this can compound the lean bias.

100 lbs is close (relatively) when you consider the resolution of the scale could be 40lbs or more of the difference.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X