Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2250RK Towing & TV Suspension Discussion

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Btw: congrats on your 2250RK, we have discovered that it’s the PERFECT model for our needs. Suggest you get an additional high quality battery and an additional 20# LP tank. The extra cost has proven for us to be WELL worth it. Good luck! Btw, are you towing the 2250rk with the Ranger??
    Schiefswret I believe I saw this handle on the other forum and in your signature there you are a Dave and Sue with a new 2250RK!!! Must be the Dave's and their Sue/Susan's think alike. We loved the layout and looks of the 2250RK as it is just the two of us camping and looks perfect for our needs we are excited for the weather to break and begin camping. We will take your suggestions, especially on the battery into consideration as we outfit the camper.

The last question - Yes I am towing the 2250RK with the Ranger. Before I get jumped by the weight police, I will offer the following information:
    1. My 2019 Ranger has a Towing Capacity of 7,500 lbs and a payload of 1460 lbs - Yellow sticker (More than some f-150s).
    2. We will tow with an Equilizer weight distribution hitch. I ran the numbers fully loaded 6995 lbs and we are within all weight capacities (barely) on the payload.
    3. We are weekend campers in the summer months in Michigan. I don't plan running this all over the country and would look at something much shorter and lighter.
    4. The farthest we will travel is 250 miles from home.
    5. We do not travel with freshwater other than in the hot water heater and always dump before we come home.

The 2250 RK is a bit long for the Ranger and that is my biggest concern. We will not load this close to 6995 lbs. I think we are camping minimalists. Our last trailer (23 ft) we barely loaded it with 500 lbs of equipment, clothes and food for a week and expect the same in the 2250RK. Our unit weighs in at a dry weight of 5625. I suspect loaded for camping we will be in the neighborhood of 6200 to 6300 lbs. We will weigh the unit at a CAT Scale nearby to ensure we are within all limits.

Plus Susan has me on a diet so that with every lb I shed I add to payload capacity :-)
    Last edited by howson; 02-24-2020, 06:44 AM.
    Dave and Susan
    Imagine 2250RK
    2019 Ford Ranger

Originally posted by S&D's Immy

Schiefswret I believe I saw this handle on the other forum and in your signature there you are a Dave and Sue with a new 2250RK!!! Must be the Dave's and their Sue/Susan's think alike. We loved the layout and looks of the 2250RK as it is just the two of us camping and looks perfect for our needs we are excited for the weather to break and begin camping. We will take your suggestions, especially on the battery into consideration as we outfit the camper.

The last question - Yes I am towing the 2250RK with the Ranger. Before I get jumped by the weight police, I will offer the following information:
    1. My 2019 Ranger has a Towing Capacity of 7,500 lbs and a payload of 1460 lbs - Yellow sticker (More than some f-150s).
    2. We will tow with an Equilizer weight distribution hitch. I ran the numbers fully loaded 6995 lbs and we are within all weight capacities (barely) on the payload.
    3. We are weekend campers in the summer months in Michigan. I don't plan running this all over the country and would look at something much shorter and lighter.
    4. The farthest we will travel is 250 miles from home.
    5. We do not travel with freshwater other than in the hot water heater and always dump before we come home.

The 2250 RK is a bit long for the Ranger and that is my biggest concern. We will not load this close to 6995 lbs. I think we are camping minimalists. Our last trailer (23 ft) we barely loaded it with 500 lbs of equipment, clothes and food for a week and expect the same in the 2250RK. Our unit weighs in at a dry weight of 5625. I suspect loaded for camping we will be in the neighborhood of 6200 to 6300 lbs. We will weigh the unit at a CAT Scale nearby to ensure we are within all limits.

Plus Susan has me on a diet so that with every lb I shed I add to payload capacity :-)
    Hey Dave, yes it seems to be the Dave and Sue show🙂. Seems to me that you’ve got your towing situation dialed in pretty well for your SPECIFIC camping style and your SPECIFIC towing scenario, however, for safety considerations, IMHO only, it seems you are operating without much ‘wiggle room’. Please travel safe and ensure you stick closely to everything you’ve outlined above to minimize the potential of any unwanted problems. Also seems to me that if you truly stay in the 250 range you mentioned and keep your speed no faster than 60, you MAY me able to manage a blowout or an idiot driver in an 18 wheeler who decides to pass you at 80. My first and strongest suggestion would be to swap out your tires for the Goodyear Endurance models, the cost to benefit ratio makes it a no-brainer. Also I’ve put on the Dexter suspension upgrade and for less than 600 parts and labor, the “juice is (WELL) worth the squeeze”.

Im no expert but if you need any more tips on the 2250RK just holler.

Travel safe. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your future post that shows a pic of your new F-150😂
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret

Please travel safe and ensure you stick closely to everything you’ve outlined above to minimize the potential of any unwanted problems. Also seems to me that if you truly stay in the 250 range you mentioned and keep your speed no faster than 60, you MAY me able to manage a blowout or an idiot driver in an 18 wheeler who decides to pass you at 80. My first and strongest suggestion would be to swap out your tires for the Goodyear Endurance models, the cost to benefit ratio makes it a no-brainer. Also I’ve put on the Dexter suspension upgrade and for less than 600 parts and labor, the “juice is (WELL) worth the squeeze”.

Im no expert but if you need any more tips on the 2250RK just holler.

Travel safe. I’ll be looking forward to seeing your future post that shows a pic of your new F-150😂
      Thanks for your input and concern and we will travel safe. I will fire off questions when I have them. I am already considering the Goodyear tires and suspension upgrades (Trailer Sumo Springs??).

You should start a thread on mods to the 2250RK..

The picture/post won't happen because the F-150 with better capacities won't fit in the garage 😂.

howson apologies for derailing the thread. I am interested in swapping my vents .
      Dave and Susan
      Imagine 2250RK
      2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Thanks for your input and concern and we will travel safe. I will fire off questions when I have them. I am already considering the Goodyear tires and suspension upgrades (Trailer Sumo Springs??).

You should start a thread on mods to the 2250RK..

The picture/post won't happen because the F-150 with better capacities won't fit in the garage 😂.

howson apologies for derailing the thread. I am interested in swapping my vents .
        Sorry, I’m not at all familiar with the Sumo Springs. The Dexter suspension system- I’ve purchased the exact same set twice, once on my original rig, Heartland Pioneer and put it on our ‘20 2250RK immediately after purchase and just before getting the Goodyear Endurances’ installed. The 2250Rk Axels are Dexter and have a 5 year factory (The Dexter Factory, not GD) warranty so I’m confident with the product. The Dexter world headquarters and corporate office are 6 miles down the street from the GD factory and they seem to coordinate well with each other. (That story available if applicable and upon request)
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret

Sorry, I’m not at all familiar with the Sumo Springs. The Dexter suspension system- I’ve purchased the exact same set twice, once on my original rig, Heartland Pioneer and put it on our ‘20 2250RK immediately after purchase and just before getting the Goodyear Endurances’ installed. The 2250Rk Axels are Dexter and have a 5 year factory (The Dexter Factory, not GD) warranty so I’m confident with the product. The Dexter world headquarters and corporate office are 6 miles down the street from the GD factory and they seem to coordinate well with each other. (That story available if applicable and upon request)
          Schiefswret did you install the Dexter E-Z flex system with the wet bolts and bronze bushings?
          Dave and Susan
          Imagine 2250RK
          2019 Ford Ranger

Comment

Schiefswret did you install the Dexter E-Z flex system with the wet bolts and bronze bushings?
            Yes. That sounds like the one. I can look for the paperwork tomorrow and send you the specific order info, model nbr, etc.
            Dave and Sue
            2020 GD 2250RK
            Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Yes. That sounds like the one. I can look for the paperwork tomorrow and send you the specific order info, model nbr, etc.
              Sent you a PM on the EZ Flex Kit.
              Last edited by Schiefswret; 02-25-2020, 12:16 AM. Reason: I meant Sent not send
              Dave and Sue
              2020 GD 2250RK
              Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55

Comment

Working...
              X