What does upgraded axle mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does upgraded axle mean?

I see in the Solitudes under the Construction tab, a line that says "Upgrade Axle Hanger". What exactly does that mean?
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega Cab diesel dually, OEM 5th wheel option
    Andersen hitch & 303RLS
    Morryde IS

Originally posted by John303 View Post
    I see in the Solitudes under the Construction tab, a line that says "Upgrade Axle Hanger". What exactly does that mean?
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. I'm referring your question to our GD hosts.

GDRV-Emily and/or GDRV-Megan -- please see John303 's question.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

John303 welcome to the forum!

In the newest build of the Solitude, the upgraded axle hanger is one that has what we call a V Clip support inside the hanger itself. It aids in strengthening the hanger during strenuous situations and adds more support.

I am not sure we have a picture, but if I can find one... I will add it in this thread.

howson GDRV-Megan

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post

In the newest build of the Solitude, the upgraded axle hanger is one that has what we call a V Clip support inside the hanger itself. It aids in strengthening the hanger during strenuous situations and adds more support.

I am not sure we have a picture, but if I can find one... I will add it in this thread.

howson GDRV-Megan
        Thanks Emily, I have seen references to the V-clip on other posts, and would be very interested in a picture of GD’s implementation. Suspensions are a key consideration for me having experienced a rear hanger failure on my 303RLS.
        Andersen hitch & 303RLS
        Morryde IS

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Emily View Post

howson GDRV-Megan
          Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Also, can you find out if the V Clips are being installed just on the back hangers -- or both back and front?

Thanks.

-Steve
          2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
          Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
          2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
          18k B&W Companion, non-slider
          640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
          Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
          Somerset, WI

Comment

I will do my best to find a picture.....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	v clip.PNG
Views:	773
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	20253

here you all go!

GDRV-Emily
              John303
              steve&renee

Comment

Originally posted by GDRV-Megan View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	v clip.PNG
Views:	773
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	20253

here you all go!

GDRV-Emily
                John303
                steve&renee
                Nice paint job. Wish mine had been done that way.
                Somerset, WI

Comment

Thanks Megan, appreciate the effort. Are these on the rear hangers only?
                  Andersen hitch & 303RLS
                  Morryde IS

Comment

Thank you GDRV-Megan !!

Comment

Since I also experienced hanger failure on my 2018 303rls, Lippert will be adding V Clips to all my hangers this coming Friday at their Goshen plant. It is not expensive to do and would make me feel a lot better about driving my rig around the country. Glad GD is doing this to their new units.

Vivian
                      Vivian
                      2018 Reflection 303rls
                      Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                      Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
                        Since I also experienced hanger failure on my 2018 303rls, Lippert will be adding V Clips to all my hangers this coming Friday at their Goshen plant. It is not expensive to do and would make me feel a lot better about driving my rig around the country. Glad GD is doing this to their new units.

Vivian
                        We still don't know if the upgrade/mod is for just rear hangers or all hangers. I'd like to know what's recommended by GD and Lippert.

-Steve
                        Somerset, WI

Comment

Lippert will be adding them to all hangers as per my last discussion with them. Would like to know what GD recommends.
                          Vivian
                          2018 Reflection 303rls
                          Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                          Demco Recon

Comment

steve&renee E=steve&renee;n20457]

We still don't know if the upgrade/mod is for just rear hangers or all hangers. I'd like to know what's recommended by GD and Lippert.

-Steve[/QUOTE]

GDRV-Megan -- John303 asked a question in 9 that was also asked early by Steve.
                            Here's the question: Are the V-clips installed on all the hangers or just the rear?

Anticipating the next question, the Solitude is getting the new "V" but not the other GD lines?

Thanks!
                            Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

This upgrade will be for all hangers on the Solitude and Momentum lines.

As of right now, there is no word on using these on our other lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X