Brakes When to Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes When to Service

Have a 2020 265Bh with around 7 k on the trailer. On that 7k is a trip to Colorado with no issues or concerns..Again no issues with performance however going to Glacier Tetons and Yellowstone in the coming month. So will be putting 7-8k on it of hard driving.. Should I have them looked at or changed ?

What I have learned is once a year or 12,000 miles , I think that is the right mileage. We do not put that many miles on in a year , much closer to 2,000 , so do every 2 years unless I see a hot hub. I check hub temps at each stop to be sure I am not having any issues. If I was planning a long trip as you are I would do the bearing inspection and repack. Piece of mind for a long trip would be worth the effort for me.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Rolltide2524

Your brakes are probably fine after 7K miles . . . if they have been adjusted or are self-adjusting properly. But . . . what needs to be cleaned and inspected are the wheel bearings. This necessitates removing the hub which allows brake inspection at the same time. Part of this maintenance is replacing the rear seal which makes sure that the bearing grease stays in the bearings and does not get into the brakes. Certainly a good "peace of mind" service to do before a long trip.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the info... My other issue is I don’t like getting service done without a small trip in between to make sure the service was done right if you catch my drift..
        I’m nuts when it comes to tire temps and hub temps so I will be watching closely.
        Thanks again for the advice..

Comment

Working...
        X