Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Trailer Tire Option from Hankook

https://m.hankooktire.com/content/da...01_Leaflet.pdf

I’ve had very good luck with Hankook truck tires. My previous truck came with a set, which I had planned to replace from day one. But they lasted and lasted, and had really good off-road performance for such a mild tread. Changed them at nearly 65,000 miles for another set of identical tires.

It will be interesting to see how the trailer tires work out. Always good to have another option.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Thanks for the heads-up. I will be interested in following user reports on the LR G tires. A little competition never hurts.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I'll admit that I am guilty of this as well. One needs to look at the Load rating index (LI) not the letter for sidewall thinking they are the same. If you look at the TH31 G rated tire vs the regular tire in E rating, they have the same load capacity.

The G sidewall construction will be a harsher riding tire for the trailer but it has a much higher sidewall rating.

I am interested to see how the tires hold up as there are few trailer tire options out there that seem to not fall apart without warning.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Jkwilson
        Hi John,

Interesting find. Hankook has a solid reputation in Canada for affordable snow tires that perform well. (Obviously apples & oranges . . . but speaks to their ability to engineer tires for specific tasks)

Another consideration is Maxxis M8008 trailer tires. https://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-...t-radial-m8008. Before Goodyear Endurance came into the market, Maxxis was one of the trailer tire manufacturers with the best reputation (over many years). I am currently running Maxxis tires that are due for replacement due to age. They have performed well for 3 years. (But then again . . . my original Westlake tires also performed well for 3 years).

My current "dilemma" is whether I go with another set Maxxis . . . or jump to Goodyear . . . and now you have thrown a 3rd alternative into the mix LOL!

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
          https://m.hankooktire.com/content/da...01_Leaflet.pdf

I’ve had very good luck with Hankook truck tires. My previous truck came with a set, which I had planned to replace from day one. But they lasted and lasted, and had really good off-road performance for such a mild tread. Changed them at nearly 65,000 miles for another set of identical tires.

It will be interesting to see how the trailer tires work out. Always good to have another option.
          Something many folks are unaware of is the original tires that come on vehicles can have a specific compound that is designed for higher fuel economy which adds cost. Typically, these tires will become so hard over time that most folks will replace them at around 50% tread life. The same brand tire in the aftermarket will be a compound that will function across a wide vehicle line up and will have a compound that typically results in increased tire wear as compared to what came on their trucks from the factory.

Lately another trend is coming to light (usually non-truck) where manufacturers will install a tire with shallow tread depth such as the Michelin's that came on the wife's XT5. I was so disgusted with the 30K life span that I purchased Pirelli as a replacement. I'm a big fan of the Michelin Defenders for the truck and GY Endurance tires for the camper. Both made here which I try to support. Pirelli's made in Rome, GA.

Jim
          Last edited by Guest; 06-13-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X