2018 303 leaf springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 303 leaf springs

I have a 2018 Reflection 303. It has Lippert 5200 pound axels. The leaf springs have four leaves. I would like to get a spare spring set and hardware to carry with me on a two month trip out west this fall just in case I have one break. I’m going to have my local welding shop fabricate and weld in the V-Clips.

I need to know what spring to purchase. I think it measures 26 inches from center to center. Do I call Lippert or Grand Design to find out?

Thanks so much for any advise.

TG

Do you have Dexter axels or Lippert?
    There will be a tag on both axels with numbers on them. Call the axel manufacture with these numbers and they will tell you all about the springs. You can order from them or find at your local trailer shop or on line. Please post what you find as this will help others to get a spare.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

tgordon
      Hi TG,

A few years back, a group of Reflection 303RLS owners on this (and a previous) forum worked through detailed calculations and testing to match spring strength to weight carried. The short version is that some of us went to 3000 lb springs on the heavy left side and stayed with the original 2600 lb springs on the right side. Attached is a chart created by Gyrogearloose Pat including the springs we were considering. From this chart, the OE springs on your 303 should be Lippert PN 124886. The dimensions are on the attached chart . . . any spring matching these numbers would be acceptable. Virtually all "production" springs are made in China and are used across various axle assembly manufacturers.

Rob

Spring Alternatives.pdf
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X