Wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearings

I have a grand design solitude 375res model. Although I love the trailer I have real concerns about the wheel bearings. Seem the bearing covers leak and I have grease all over the out side of my wheels and in turn now is all over my breaks which now the trailer brakes aren’t working properly. My rig is out of warranty but seems like a safety issue like this grand design might still consider covering. Please advise.

What model year, Jason? Do you have Lippert or Dexter axles?

Please don't get me wrong--not everyone does it "by the book"--but if you've got proof that you've done the preventative maintenance per the owner's manual that will help.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My trailer is a 2018 solitude 375res

Comment

Not sure on the axels

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
          Not sure on the axels
          According to the GD's Parts Lookup website (link on the nav bar above) your Solitude has 7,000lb Dexter axles. https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/40088

The Dexter maintenance manual is here: https://www.dexteraxle.com/docs/defa...sn=cfe1e328_42

Page 52 has the procedure for repacking bearings--which according to the manual is required once per year or 12K miles.

I'm just an owner like you...so all I can suggest is to give Dexter a call and see what they say. (Dexter should handle the warranty issue--if there is one. But it can't hurt to call GD Customer Service, too.)

Dexter Customer Service
          Monday - Friday
          8am-5pm EST
          (574) 295-7888

Grand Design Customer Service
          1 (574) 825-9679

Make sure and have your VIN handy.

Good luck!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X