Lowering Axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Axles

Greetings all, I’m contemplating flipping my axle on my 2020 Imagine to lowering everything. But before I dig into it, I wanted to see if anyone has done this. I did a search on flipping axles and didn’t find anything.
    Just looking at it and measuring distance of current setup it will lower it around 4 inches and it may be to much.
    Last edited by Country Campers; 11-07-2022, 06:24 PM. Reason: fixed font size per Forum rules.
    2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Grand Design builds with a nominal 4" clearance between tires and body when empty and expects a minimum 3" clearance if the trailer is loaded to GVWR. If you flipped the axles, the tires would be very close to the body above, before you even hit the first bump in the road . . . which would definitely cause contact.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Grand Design builds with a nominal 4" clearance between tires and body when empty and expects a minimum 3" clearance if the trailer is loaded to GVWR. If you flipped the axles, the tires would be very close to the body above, before you even hit the first bump in the road . . . which would definitely cause contact.

Rob
      Thanks Rob for your feedback. I figured that was going to be the final answer. This is the only thing I dislike about the design. Every time we camp spacers are needed more so in the rear.
      2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Working...
      X