Propane free flow shut off valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane free flow shut off valve

Is there a valve of some type for propane that can be installed near the tank, that will shut off if there is an unrestricted flow of gas? If a line gets cut, for example.
    Mitch & Anita
    2022 - 297RSTS

An article from RVTravel that, I think, answers your question:

https://www.rvtravel.com/ask-dave-lp...ow-valve-1790/

Mike
    Mike & Sonya
    2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
    Blue Ox SwayPro
    2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Mike, That is great. Thank you very much.

Mitch
      Mitch & Anita
      2022 - 297RSTS

Comment

Originally posted by SEMOGreen View Post
        Is there a valve of some type for propane that can be installed near the tank, that will shut off if there is an unrestricted flow of gas? If a line gets cut, for example.
        Mine has one in the tank fittings (fortunately). I have had it shut down when opening the valves too fast as mentioned in the article, but it also saved the day last summer when my tire blew and ripped the gas line out of the back of my stove and broke it off the block under the trailer.

After that incident, I decided not to travel with gas on any more. But the valve worked great.

Terry
        Terry and Patty (Dogs-Sophie and Tessa)
        2020 Reflection 297RSTS - bought Oct 2019
        2021 F350 crew cab, SRW, 6.7L diesel, 14K equal-i-zer hitch

Comment

Originally posted by trkester View Post

Mine has one in the tank fittings (fortunately). I have had it shut down when opening the valves too fast as mentioned in the article, but it also saved the day last summer when my tire blew and ripped the gas line out of the back of my stove and broke it off the block under the trailer.

After that incident, I decided not to travel with gas on any more. But the valve worked great.

Terry
          That was one of my concerns as well.

Thank you
          Mitch & Anita
          2022 - 297RSTS

Comment

Working...
          X