Generator propane supply line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator propane supply line

This generator propane supply hose under the front bay on my 377MBS is looping down quite a bit - looks like it could get snagged pretty easily. Got to figure out the best way to get it routed properly. Anyone have pics of their Onan 5500 generator supply line routing, or have ideas for me?

Click image for larger version

Name:	genny propane supply.png
Views:	154
Size:	813.5 KB
ID:	130806
    Jeff & Janice
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

BWSTGDS

GD plumbs all the propane lines outside of the coroplast due to RVIA code. At least that's my understanding. The point being anything done should also leave the line exposed.

To get the slack out, first thing I'd look for is a way to secure a clamp to a strategically located cross member (through the coroplast) that will allow the line to tuck up against the bottom of the camper. This is how GD secures their lines and is how the auxiliary line is suspended as it makes the "T" from the street side to the camp side (where the connection is located).

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

What I’ve done for snag-prone fuel and hydraulic lines on farm equipment is to mount a sacrificial 1/8” aluminum “fin” in front of it to take an impact. Just make sure it’s far enough away to keep it from folding onto the line.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Alright, I'll see what can be done here. Another view:

Name:	IMG_1484.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	130871
        Jeff & Janice
        2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch​

Comment

Being that's the front bay, the floor should be metal. It looks like you may be able to flex the line up against the bay floor and using an insulated hose clamp secure it to the floor using a pan head bolt and nut (self tapping would put a sharp point in to the bay.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Tonight I adjusted the generator propane hose routing. Loosened it at the generator and bent the cutout sheetmetal upward a bit to prevent a sharp edge.

Name:	IMG_1507.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	131302

The cable clamp is held with a stubby self-tapper. We'll see how it holds up.

Name:	IMG_1503.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	131303

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	183.2 KB
ID:	131304
            Jeff & Janice

Comment

Working...
            X