Tank-Away (Coupling Protector) Mini-Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank-Away (Coupling Protector) Mini-Review

What I learned at school is the safety device for our cylinders is in the pigtail. This safety device is called an Excess Flow Valve. The definition in my school notes is, A device designed to close when the liquid or vapor passing through it exceeds a prescribed flow rate as determined by pressure drop (NFPA 58).

Click image for larger version  Name:	safety.JPG Views:	0 Size:	128.6 KB ID:	71615

I'd always wanted a way to protect the open line while getting the cylinder refilled, and with the new knowledge of the location of the safety valve I was motivated to find a solution which led me to the Tank Away kit on Amazon.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tank Away.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.1 KB ID:	71614

It is a simple, effective kit for protecting the valve and pigtail opening. There's a separate cap for the cylinder. The "claw" at the end of the Tank-Away hooks nicely to the container hold-down rod or propane line. (Clever!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Tank Away Installed.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	71616

Unfortunately the link on Amazon says this is currently not available (???-- I just got it today!). https://www.amazon.com/Tank-Away-TA-4/dp/B00JZVLER8 I dug the bag out of the trash and the company that shipped it is shown below (maybe you can find it there?). FYI I paid $6.85 for the kit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Line-Safety.JPG Views:	0 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	71613

As always, hope this helps someone.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

howson Those are pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Sure beats the plastic bags I've been tying around my pigtails
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
    X