Propane regulator issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane regulator issue

So, we have a new 2022 22MLE XLS. I have been reading about a regular recall, but since our trailer is new and only used 3 times, I figured we couldn’t possibly have one of these recalled regulators installed?? Well, we’re not getting propane flow to the trailer. Range burners will not ignite. Checked both bottles full. I’ve installed Mopeka Bluetooth remote level indicators (which by the way, are very cool) 100% full. Regular window is “red”. I tried manually switching regulator to opposite tank with no success. I closed the valves off, depressurised and slowly opened tank valves again. Nada, nothing. I’m calling the dealer in the morning. This should be covered by warranty

So it appears I have a RecPro RP1198 2 stage regulator. The indicator window is a little hard to see, but appears to be half red and half clear. I have switched the tank selector switch back and forth with no change in the the indicator window. Both propane tanks are 100% full. No matter which tank is selected there is no flow into the trailer - range burners have no flow and will not ignite

Comment

Sully -- please report back with the resolution. (My first guess would be the regulator, too. Should be easy for the dealer to troubleshoot.)
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, I’m totally incorrect on type of regulator. It is actually a Flame King ACR-2 auto changeover 2 stage regulator. Did some more troubleshooting this morning. Verified both bottles are in fact full and working properly by hooking both up to my BBQ one at a time and successfully turning on burners. Hooked both bottles back on the trailer and very slowly opened the valves. Still no change in flow to the range. Nothing.

I have contacted the dealer (Orangewood RV) and I’m expecting a call back with appointment time to bring in for replacement.

I’m not real optimistic about a replacement with like for like regulator as this model does not impress me as a best option. Indicator window is hard to determine if “red”, “clear” or what. I don’t want an unreliable device for such an important and safety required trailer feature

Comment

Ok, revision 3. Checked all connections again. Depressurised propane tank connections, tightened again and very slowly opened bottle valves. Range still doesn’t work.

verified fresh water tank level and used pump to fill and vent all cold & hot water lines. Started gas water heater and could hear it lite. Hot water did get hot so There Is Propane to to trailer.

The range and oven are not getting propane to start.

can anyone tell me if there is an interlock with the slide out. Does the slide need to be out for the range to get gas???

Comment

You may have a kinked line if the range is in the slide out. It may also be possible that there is a valve under the slide out where the propane line for the slide out connects. A little checking under the slide out will be needed.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, I’ll check. As the trailer is basically brand new I’ll be taking it to the dealership. I’m thinking there may be some type of thermocouple failure?

Comment

There is a kink in the
                rubber/ plastic hose going to range / oven. The main line coming from the bottles goes into a 3 way manifold under the slide. Along with wires etc, the hoses are tie wrapped and “fold up” when the slide is retracted. The range hose is kinked like a garden hose. I’ll let the dealer repair this. Not sure if the hose will need to be replaced now with this kink

Comment

I would ask that the hose be replaced, once it is kinked it may have been damaged.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I agree, disappointed it left the factory like this. It should have been sheathed or something to prevent this. Bad arrangement

Comment

Photos of kinked propane line

Comment

Working...
                      X