Which Type of Solar Panel is Best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Type of Solar Panel is Best?

Fascinating study done by Victron showing the difference in solar yield from different types of solar panels. Full documentation here: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2...el-works-best/

Spoiler alert--after viewing the information, IMO there's won't be a discernible performance difference on an RV regardless of type (monocrystalline or polycrystalline).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Thanks Howard. Very interesting but not surprising. In my opinion, you'd be better off parking your rig in a different angle or angling your solar cells for a larger improvement that far outweighs what type of cells you have. My personal rule is to only pay about $1 per watt of solar cell ($100 for 100 watts). This seems to be the going rate nowadays. It's cheap enough in my opinion that you can install a little more than you think you need to make up for any inefficiencies.
    Mitchell & Kitty
    2022 Imagine 2670MK
    2024 Ram 2500 6.7 diesel

Comment

Working...
    X