Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use a smart shunt with the stock battery monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a smart shunt with the stock battery monitor?

So the furrion battery monitor, from what I've read here, seems to be a rebranded AiLi. It comes with a shunt. This is what I already have installed in my system. Can I replace the stock shunt with a smart shunt? Will the stock battery monitor work ok with the change? Will the new shunt still be bluetooth capable?
    2022 GD Transcend BH261

Ram 1500 pulling it

Originally posted by Hortstu View Post
    So the furrion battery monitor, from what I've read here, seems to be a rebranded AiLi. It comes with a shunt. This is what I already have installed in my system. Can I replace the stock shunt with a smart shunt? Will the stock battery monitor work ok with the change? Will the new shunt still be bluetooth capable?
    If you are meaning to go with a Victron Smart Shunt then it will not work with the Furrion battery monitor. If you can get a smart shunt of the same "brand" as the Furrion then it is a possibility it may work.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Hortstu View Post
      Yep, agree with Brian. Consider any change from the Furrion to the Victron as a 100% parts swap. (Easy task IMHO.)

The difference between the Victron Smart Shunt and BMV-712 is the latter has a display. Otherwise both are bluetooth capable. I rarely (if ever) use the BMV-712's display that's installed in my camper, so at this point my personal choice is the Smart Shunt.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

If you are meaning to go with a Victron Smart Shunt then it will not work with the Furrion battery monitor. If you can get a smart shunt of the same "brand" as the Furrion then it is a possibility it may work.

Brian
        Thanks Brian. I don't believe there's a smart shunt in this brand.​

Originally posted by howson View Post

Yep, agree with Brian. Consider any change from the Furrion to the Victron as a 100% parts swap. (Easy task IMHO.)

The difference between the Victron Smart Shunt and BMV-712 is the latter has a display. Otherwise both are bluetooth capable. I rarely (if ever) use the BMV-712's display that's installed in my camper, so at this point my personal choice is the Smart Shunt.
        Yes that's what I'm considering using. The display on this cheap stock monitor serves limited purpose in the pass through storage. However since I already have it I figured if it was compatible with any smart shunt I'd replace just the shunt and keep this so I don't have a hole in my control panel and I don't have to spend 200+$ for a victron that does pretty much the same thing.
        2022 GD Transcend BH261

Ram 1500 pulling it

Comment

Working...
        X