How do I use my factory solar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use my factory solar?

New owner of a used 2020 Solitude 380FL. No info passed on regarding the factory installed solor package.
    The rig does have one roof mounted panel.
    Inside, there is a Jaboni display and Magnum remote switch.
    Any information you could provide on system usage will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by ejohnson03 View Post
    New owner of a used 2020 Solitude 380FL. No info passed on regarding the factory installed solor package.
    The rig does have one roof mounted panel.
    Inside, there is a Jaboni display and Magnum remote switch.
    Any information you could provide on system usage will be much appreciated.

Remote switch turns Magnum inverter on and off. When on, the green light to the left of the switch should light up.

The Jaboni display is for the solar charge controller. You can go online for a user manual that will show you how to go through settings.

Usually there is a separate battery cutpoff switch close to the Magnum inverter remote switch and the Jaboni display. This switch is, basically, for the DC power going to the inverter. For the inverter to work, the cut-off switch will need to be "on" and the Magnum remote inverter switch will need to be on.

Because the inverter is probably a 1000W or 2000W inverter, you likely have a subpanel for the inverted circuits. This subpanel should tell you what circuits are connected to the inverter.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Awesome, that is way more info than I had. This helps.
      Thanks.

Comment

Your set-up sounds like mine. There is a sub-panel under the counter in the kitchen. I found this panel the hard way when my wife blew a breaker with her curling iron and blow-dryer on at the same time. When the inverter is on and shore power is disconnected this panel is energized. Only the refrigerator and electrical outlets receive inverted power (at least on mine).
        Trib
        2019 Freightliner Cascadia 126
        2021 Momentum 320G
        2021 Road Glide Limited
        See you down the road!!

Comment

Working...
        X