factory one panel solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• factory one panel solar

I have a GD 295rl reflection 2023, it has the one solar panel for I assume the fridge. I have the Furrion MPPT solar controller. So if fridge is not on as I am not using the RV atm. No shore power on either. Is the solar still working? is it charging the batt 24/7? The wife went in it last night to get something and battery was dead checked with multi meter and read 0A. hooked up to shore power and battery read 13.2A. Is there a switch. I left shore power on all last night un hooked this morn and have just battery running, nothing on. Should not that battery hold forever if solar is working?

No the solar won't charge your battery 24/7. It will only charge during daylight hours with full sunshine being optimal. If everything is off, including the tankless water heater switch on the unit itself, it should maintain your battery charge.There is some parasitic load including the LP gas leak detector, TVs and radio.
    2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Also worth noting that the battery disconnect switch, red T handle, will need to be on, key in an turned so the key is not able to be removed, this will ensure that the battery will get its charge from the converter on shore power and also maybe from the solar charge controller.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

So I was doing some stuff in the camper and had it disconnected from shore power. I noted that with the disconnect on and nothing else in the camper running the self installed amp meter on the battery was reading about 0.65 amps of draw. This is about 9 watts of power just to power the radio, refrigerator board, and safety devices that are hard wired.

I do not know about the compressor refrigerators and their at rest amp draw, but I would imagine there is some there to keep the board powered.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by rally View Post
          I have a GD 295rl reflection 2023, it has the one solar panel for I assume the fridge. I have the Furrion MPPT solar controller. So if fridge is not on as I am not using the RV atm. No shore power on either. Is the solar still working? is it charging the batt 24/7? The wife went in it last night to get something and battery was dead checked with multi meter and read 0A. hooked up to shore power and battery read 13.2A. Is there a switch. I left shore power on all last night un hooked this morn and have just battery running, nothing on. Should not that battery hold forever if solar is working?
          In addition to all the advice in the previous posts, check to ensure the controller is wired correctly and providing solar power to the battery. If you know how to use a multimeter (and have one) the steps are easy. Respond back if you'd more information is needed.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X