Solar Seminars at 2023 National Rally and Solar Disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Seminars at 2023 National Rally and Solar Disconnect

The solar seminars at the 2023 national rally were very informative. Thank you to Howard Wilson for great presentations and patience with all the questions. Howard mentioned the need for a solar disconnect. My 2023 Solitude 310gk-R with the factory solar package did not have the disconnect and I plan on installing one using the information from Howard and others on this forum. I just wanted to mention that while taking the factory tour of the Solitude line on Ausgust 31st, the new Solitudes now come with the solar package as standard and they all have a solar disconnect. I attached a picture of what I saw in the front bay. They also come with an extra pair of wires from the roof ( at bottom of picture with a "solar positive" and "solar negative" labels). The tour guide said the extra set of wires were "pre-installed" in case you wanted to add extra panels. They run from the roof to the front bay. Apparently, GD listened to Howard and others who mentioned the need for the disconnect.

It is good to see that this is being implemented into the new rigs being manufactured. This was discussed in the spring of this year with Grand Design for the need of a disconnect for the solar panels.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X