Adding Inverter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Inverter

I have a 2023 GD Reflection 270BN. I have studied the electrical panel with in the unit. I also have the inverter prep loop in the front compartment. Assuming if I cut the wire one will become the hot(Input) and the other is the output on the inverter. The way the electrical panel is configured is odd. My question is "Is there a chance the power(Shore) could ever come back on the output wire of the inverter?" Is there a wiring diagram that I may have for this trailer?
    Thank You

The factory breaker panel is actually split. The inverter circuit is separate from the shore power circuit when the loop in the front storage is cut. The loop should be wired into a automatic transfer switch and then into the inverter, unless the inverter has a built ATS. The factory inverter circuit is small, only one breaker I think. There are a few pictures and threads here on this subject. There is no "real" wire diagram only a plan that you would have to reach out to GD for, they will request that you not post it on any public space.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Brian, That is exactly what I figured and yes once you break that line you have an input and output for my Inverter. Yes, it has a built in transfer switch. This will work great. The only thing I will have to figure out is to be able to power the AC for short blast if necessary from my 3000w inverter. It is not on that side of the breaker panel. I might put in a relay that places power accordingly to the AC from shore or Inverter power. to pick up the AC.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X