2024 2500rl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 2500rl

What solar panel comes with the 2024 2500RL? On the website 180W is all over the website, but dealer listing state 165W. Which one is it? Thank you in advance!

You would have to call GD with the vin of the unit to verify or physically see a tag on the panel.

According to the parts lookup it could be either is the reason. Did you get a sheet with the camper that has all of the models and serial numbers of the appliances and other items?

https://www.granddesignrv.com/conten...ts-lookup.html
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	16.1 KB ID:	128345
    165 watt panel:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	337.9 KB ID:	128346
    180W panel:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	56.6 KB ID:	128347

note the panels appear in the parts catalogue to be completely different in appearance of the solar collector area.
    Also depending on when the unit was MFG will determine as it appears the 165W was replaced by the 180W. I would guess (not even educated at this point due to no logic in parts supply) that later units would be the 180W panels.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	100
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	128348
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks Joseph! My 2500RL is on order and I should be getting it within a week or so and was just curious which panel I would be getting. Thanks again!

Comment

If it's that close to delivery, you should be able to get a VIN. Once you do get the trailer, verify there is the installed component sheet and that it was filled out at the factory. Any missing information have the dealer fill it out for you so you are not digging around for serial numbers.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch65 View Post
          What solar panel comes with the 2024 2500RL? On the website 180W is all over the website, but dealer listing state 165W. Which one is it? Thank you in advance!
          As Joseph stated, it depends on the VIN. Depending on which production line your Imagine was built on, if the VIN is prior to R3437585 or R6649729 then it's a 165W. If the VIN is higher than either of those it's a 180W.

Want to know more about VINs? See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...ion-number-vin

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X