Broken solar panel connector!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken solar panel connector!

We own a 13 month old Imagine 2670MK, which I uncovered the other today after sitting in the yard since last November. Once I had the cover removed I did a thorough inspection of the roof. I found a couple areas that I thought needed some attention, which I took care of with dicor. When I got to the front of the trailer I disturbed to see that one of the connectors to the solar panel was broken and falling apart! Not only that but the connectors look like they are over 10 years old! Frankly I was never impressed with the solar package on our trailer, with it's maximum 300 Watt capacity and an it's oddly selected 165W solar panel, but now its rendered totally useless. You can see the threads exposed on the lower connector in the pic below. Should this have happened to 13 month old trailer?

So how do I repair this and is it even worth the effort?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	125
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	131206

Contact Lippert with this information and pictures. I think they had a bad batch of these and may send you a replacement, or you can get your own and maybe a better quality.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Lippert/Furrion and "bad batch" seems like a common excuse in most of this forum.
      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Working...
      X